Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

2017 C-Max

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:20 AM

Well, the ordering guide is out for the 2017 Fusion Energi. Has anyone seen something like this for the US model?

Considering the slow sales, I'm wondering if there will be a 2017. Ford can just as easily use the Fusion Energi to achieve their "Clean Car" goals, and they are shutting down the plant in Michigan. Might be easier to re-tool in Mexico without the C-Max variant.

I'm just thinking that we should have heard something by now.

Edited by stevedebi, 08 February 2016 - 10:20 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   bschwerdt

bschwerdt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationSyracuse, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 CMax Energi, 302A / 2017 Chevrolet Bolt Premier

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:46 AM

I seem to recall reading a few years back that Ford was surprised at the success of the Fusion Energi.  They really expected the CMax to carry the PHEV flag.  But now it seems that they are slowly turning off the faucet on the CMax Energi, and going down to just the Fusion Energi and Focus Electric.

It's a pity if they do discontinue the car.  The reason I bought it was for the form factor, and the largest trunk I could get in a PHEV.  Of course, there will be fresh competition coming soon.  What Ford *should* do is to create an Escape Energi.  But I won't hold my breath.

• Smiling Jack and Kermit like this

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,182 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:53 AM

I really love my Cmax, works perfect for my needs and I choose it any day over the Fusion.  There is no trunk space whatsoever in that car.  I do hope that Ford makes a better Cmax down the road, ideally for me one with a larger capacity battery pack that could supply up to 70 miles range and still have a complete engine and 14 gallon fuel tank to give the car a max range of about 700 miles (assuming 45 mpg possible with ICE at 65 mph like now).

70 miles would give me the ability to go almost anywhere I need to go in MA and not have to worry about charging or stopping to charge so I can make it somewhere further than the current range.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 08 February 2016 - 11:53 AM.

• Kermit likes this

#4 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:22 AM

I seem to recall reading a few years back that Ford was surprised at the success of the Fusion Energi.  They really expected the CMax to carry the PHEV flag.  But now it seems that they are slowly turning off the faucet on the CMax Energi, and going down to just the Fusion Energi and Focus Electric.

It's a pity if they do discontinue the car.  The reason I bought it was for the form factor, and the largest trunk I could get in a PHEV.  Of course, there will be fresh competition coming soon.  What Ford *should* do is to create an Escape Energi.  But I won't hold my breath.

I was thinking about that yesterday. They would have to modify the Escape factory line, and the Escape is selling well. The hybrid requires a completely different drive train. But also, I don't think they engineered the Escape to account for the hybrid. The last factor is that an Escape hybrid would be heavier and bulkier. I doubt if it would break 35 in town, likely 29 on the highway. That is not a lot of mileage for CAFE.

Toyota has hybridized the Rav4. It will be worth a look when I am in the market if the C-Max isn't available. I don't really care for a lot of their engineering choices, but their hybrids are very reliable, and the HiMh technology is very proven in that regime. Only gets about 32 in town, I would expect about 36 in my driving style.

I don't know, I'm pretty used to the great MPG of my C-Max. I may just stay with it or buy a 2016 at close out when my lease runs out.

Edited by stevedebi, 09 February 2016 - 09:22 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

I was getting 40-41 mpg city and 30 hwy in My 2010 FEH and I think the new Escape is more aerodynamic. :smile2:

Paul

#6 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:31 PM

I was getting 40-41 mpg city and 30 hwy in My 2010 FEH and I think the new Escape is more aerodynamic. :smile2:

Paul

I think those results are not representative of the numbers I saw on the FEH board. I had an AWD, and the older 2008 drivetrain. But I doubt it makes a difference to Ford. They will use whatever the EPA tests put out, and I just don't think they are considering a hybrid Escape.

#7 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

I think those results are not representative of the numbers I saw on the FEH board. I had an AWD, and the older 2008 drivetrain. But I doubt it makes a difference to Ford. They will use whatever the EPA tests put out, and I just don't think they are considering a hybrid Escape.

Have a friend with 2009 Mariner AWD and he was getting 28 mpg and not trying very hard to get better mpg's. I think you're right , they probably won't make a FEH. :wink: 

Paul 

#8 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 366 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A w. sun roof

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

Agree completely.

The Fusion is a GREAT looking car, but I could never see the value proposition vs, the CMAX.  You pay a lot more  to get a lot less space.

Re. "The reason I bought it was for the form factor, and the largest trunk I could get in a PHEV."  Me too !

Re.  "What Ford *should* do is to create an Escape Energi. "  I second the motion.

• ptjones likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Hobie

Hobie

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationLondon
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:42 PM

The biggest problem I have seen with the C-Max is poor marketing. No one I k ow has heard of it. I've got a 2013 hydrid (or I should say my wife does) and I have a 2016 on order. I love the C-Max.
  • bschwerdt likes this

#10 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

Here's the production schedule for 2016 / 2017 MY from Blue Oval Forum

• 08/05/2016 - 2016MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 09/08/2016 - 2016MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 11/13/2016 - 2016MT Job Last Date

• 08/15/2016 - 2017MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/22/2016 - 2017MY Scheduling Begins
  • 11/14/2016 - 2017MY Job #1 Date

#11 OFFLINE   epic

epic

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationburnet ,texas
  • Current Vehicle:cmax energI

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:38 AM

wonder why none of the dealers have the cmax energi any longer ?

#12 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:35 AM

I tried to attach the 2017 C-Max Order Guide, but the file was too large to load at 138KB. It's available on the Blue Oval Forum. In another topic on BOF, it appears the 2017 is getting new grille and headlight options.

#13 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

I LOVE MY CMAX for the form factor.  I can flip the seats down and rear load a bicycle without removing wheels (Although after I added a Torklift hitch I use a bike rack rather than risk grease on the inside).  Love the kick hatch, height of the driver above road, torque of dual ICE/EV motors and fun of driving electric steering.  

@Raja - they won't be able to extend range until battery chemistry evolves - unlike Tesla or Leaf or even Prius that designed these cars as EV/PHEV with the battery under the floor, Cmax Hybrid and NRG took the existing European Cmax gas/diesel and slapped the battery on top of  the cargo floor.  A 70mile range would require the entire cargo area for battery or new, more efficient battery chemistry.

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

#14 OFFLINE   epic

epic

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationburnet ,texas
  • Current Vehicle:cmax energI

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:53 PM

thought i saw an  SE energi was in the plan for 17

#15 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:53 PM

Y

thought i saw an  SE energi was in the plan for 17

Yes, SE and Titanium models for 2017

#16 OFFLINE   Timmmins17

Timmmins17

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Cmax

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

This link has details about the 2017 C-max Energi:

http://insideevs.com...-fast-charging/

#17 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:42 AM

This link has details about the 2017 C-max Energi:

http://insideevs.com...-fast-charging/

Oh no! They dropped the only color I liked on the current C-Max. Not really a lot new, they are just biding their time until they drop the model. The BLIS is going to be nice for those who get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·