Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Humming sound while gas engine running?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:45 AM

I too notice the annoying "sometimes ignores me" door handle unlocking. Sometimes it does it for no reason at all, and I just have to go to one of the rear door handles to get the car to unlock.

My stereo too did exactly what yours did until I had them update software in various modules, and the problem vanished then and never returned.

Yeah, apparently there is a TSB for the door handles which amounts to "take apart the door handles, clean them out and coat them in something that hopefully will keep the salt/water/etc from getting in there".  It's on my list for my mechanic whenever I get down there.

Agh, it was a nightmare getting everything to work so I could update the GPS module to fix that.  I suppose I could dig everything out again and try to update other modules as well.  I just worry something else is going to decide to crash while I'm trying to do it.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

ShoulderThingThatGoesUP

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationEmmaus, PA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:17 AM

My stereo works fine, but the connection to my phone, or my wife's, just does not work well at all. It's impossible to hang up on the rare occasions it's possible to get a call started.

Stop-and-go-wise, though, the car's been great for the past two years for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·