Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Transmission Noise - Likely Solved

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:49 AM

After stories like this, I am glad I purchased the Ford ESP 7yr/100k $0 ded warranty!

rafacq

Well, the warranty isn't needed for the iCVT. They all have a minimum of 100k. I will purchase one also if I decide to buy out the lease, but I will do it because of the stuff that isn't covered by the Hybrid warranty.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:50 AM

I have 7 year 125k on mine, had to make it 125 not 100k as otherwise I'd get to 100k before 7 years!  Makes me covered until September 2020.

-=>Raja.

#23 OFFLINE   cmwv

cmwv

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:03 PM

Which state are you in? For CARB states, the iCVT is warranted to 150K. Obviously the dealer believes you are in a non CARB state.

I think the C in CARB is for California. I'm in West Virginia.

And then you just got yours replaced, so chances are you're done with that forever, I can't see it failing twice in the same car.

-=>Raja.

Of course it is the transmission not the car that is the controlling factor where odds are concerned. Like Levi, I wonder how often this happens. There are three in this thread, but this is where we all bring problems so not really indicative of a trend. Still, I can't get passed only 72,000 miles on a transmission--only 59,000 on original poster Marcin's. 

#24 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:39 PM

Know that you only hear of the problems here, all the other people having reliable cars don't ever post here and say I got 50k on my transmission and its still good!  You know what I mean, its mostly bad news that gets posted.

-=>Raja.

#25 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:58 AM

I think the C in CARB is for California. I'm in West Virginia.

Of course it is the transmission not the car that is the controlling factor where odds are concerned. Like Levi, I wonder how often this happens. There are three in this thread, but this is where we all bring problems so not really indicative of a trend. Still, I can't get passed only 72,000 miles on a transmission--only 59,000 on original poster Marcin's. 

There are a number of states that have chosen to follow CARB, but West Virginia isn't one of them. It isn't just California - states get to choose to follow either Federal or CARB standards.

#26 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:35 AM

Mine failed at 98K, but the noise started about 800 miles before I decided to replace it, wasn't sure I could make it another 1k mi. back home. :wink:  I assume the new Trans has the problem solved. :smile2:

Paul

#27 OFFLINE   cmwv

cmwv

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

There are a number of states that have chosen to follow CARB, but West Virginia isn't one of them. It isn't just California - states get to choose to follow either Federal or CARB standards.

I did not know this. Thanks. Too bad WV doesn't follow California. We're a coal state, so Fed. standard is probably weaker.

#28 OFFLINE   EV_Future

EV_Future

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOrange County
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

When this issue starts occurring, does the noise occur on all speeds?  My friend is experiencing a howling noise that if I understand correctly lasts for a few seconds at a time, and I heard it twice while she was lightly accelerating around 30mph.  After reading various posts I'm concerned her transmission might need to be replaced too, but I don't want her to waste time going to dealerships unfamiliar with the situation in SoCal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·