Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Cabin preconditioning, My Ford go times causes powertrain fault (yellow wrench)!

my ford go times powertrain fault yellow wrench cold weather ice vibration cabin preconditioning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jeremy Wheeler

Jeremy Wheeler

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Yes it is, Silly question

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

Hi Everybody!

I just got a 2013 Energi last week and I'm loving this car!!  Took me awhile to get everything setup and working and a couple of times reading the manual to understand all that this amazing car can do.

I have a question for everyone,  Whenever I use Cabin Preconditioning I get the yellow wrench and a warning to see the manual after I start the car each morning.  I'm not sure what the issue is as everything seems to be working normally.

I'm using 110V and its not exactly what I would call cold yet here in Michigan this winter but before I unplug the car in the morning I hear the fan running and the car is defiantly not cold so I know its working.

Has anybody had this issue?  Is it because i'm using 110v so there is a power issue?  I can immediately get the wrench to go away by turning the car off and on again a 2nd time.

One other question!

I notice in the mornings when the ICE runs the steering wheel shakes (vibrates) like crazy,  It only does this when its cold.  Is something lose to cause this?

Thank you so much!!

Edited by Jeremy Wheeler, 06 December 2015 - 03:05 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:41 PM

Even though the using the 110V cord when preconditioning the car will likely not maintain a full HVB it should not cause a fault. It sounds like the computer is detecting a high voltage fault for some reason. If the warning light present take the car the dealer to anyone who has a reader find out what the code is. In the end it may have to go in for service. It will help if you can readily reproduce the problem condition if you take the car in for service.

I don't know about the vibration as I have never had an issue with that.

Tom

• miboje likes this

#3 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,265 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

The steering wheel is electronic so it can used by the cars' computers to self-park.  I'm thinking this shaking could possibly be electronic in nature and not necessarily just a vibration from the ICE.  Just thinking out loud.

#4 OFFLINE   miboje

miboje

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPA
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi, Ford F-350 SD w/ 6.0 PSD

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:29 AM

That's not normal. I would get it to your nearest EV Certified dealer.

#5 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:26 AM

Hi Everybody!

I just got a 2013 Energi last week and I'm loving this car!!  Took me awhile to get everything setup and working and a couple of times reading the manual to understand all that this amazing car can do.

I have a question for everyone,  Whenever I use Cabin Preconditioning I get the yellow wrench and a warning to see the manual after I start the car each morning.  I'm not sure what the issue is as everything seems to be working normally.

I'm using 110V and its not exactly what I would call cold yet here in Michigan this winter but before I unplug the car in the morning I hear the fan running and the car is defiantly not cold so I know its working.

Has anybody had this issue?  Is it because i'm using 110v so there is a power issue?  I can immediately get the wrench to go away by turning the car off and on again a 2nd time.

One other question!

I notice in the mornings when the ICE runs the steering wheel shakes (vibrates) like crazy,  It only does this when its cold.  Is something lose to cause this?

Thank you so much!!

Not normal at all. Using a 110v will not warm up the car with preconditioning - you need 240v and an L2 charger - but it should have no impact on the vehicle. I would have a Hybrid certified dealer look it over.

I think the Vibration is coming from the ICE running. Mine doesn't shake like that, but it doesn't get cold in LA!

Edited by stevedebi, 07 December 2015 - 09:26 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   Jeremy Wheeler

Jeremy Wheeler

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Yes it is, Silly question

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for all of the replies,  

I'll take it to a Ev certified dealer soon and see if anything comes up,  my local ford dealer isn't Ev certified but there is one 20 Miles away if it really makes that much of difference.

#7 OFFLINE   miboje

miboje

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPA
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi, Ford F-350 SD w/ 6.0 PSD

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:35 AM

Thanks for all of the replies,  

I'll take it to a Ev certified dealer soon and see if anything comes up,  my local ford dealer isn't Ev certified but there is one 20 Miles away if it really makes that much of difference.

Hi Jeremy - Feel free to take your car to your nearest Ford dealer for an assessment. If the car needs to be repaired, you may be required to get it to an EV certified dealer.

#8 OFFLINE   lkozark

lkozark

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationMissouri
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:07 AM

So what was the problem/resolution?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: my ford go times, powertrain fault, yellow wrench, cold weather, ice, vibration, cabin preconditioning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·