I'd like to change my Energi factory wheels to a set of 16x6.5 wheels. Here's why:
- 205/60/16 tires are WAY cheaper and more common, and they are the same size for odometer/gear ratio
- The new Nexen N Blue EV tires are only available in this size, and they are supposed to be the best for ULRR (and they're like 1/2 the price of comparable 225/50/17 tires)
- Overall better and cheaper tire availability
- Less rolling resistance and drag due to smaller (thinner) tire
- Slightly better ride quality, NVH and vehicle wear due to a larger sidewall tire
Factory C-MAX wheels are +55 offset and 63.4mm/63.5mm center bore and 5x108mm bolt pattern. This means we need wheels with these specs or close to.
I understand the downsides of a thinner tire. I don't carry much weight and I'll be doing weight reduction on my Energi so it's a non-issue for me.
The problem is, finding the wheels for CHEAP and reasonably lightweight (i.e. OEM used, or really common used)
Any ideas or comments?