Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Which phone mount

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   David Moore

David Moore

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationCape coral, Florida
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi and Toyota camry 2002

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:10 AM

HI,

I was using a windshield mount in my Camry.  However, because of the angle of the Cmax windshield, it puts my scosche magic mount at a very far distance.  I prefer to use the google or waze navigation on my phone rather than the one in the car.  What's everyone else using?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Babirusa

Babirusa

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 44 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationMerced, California
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

I just got a Caseology CD slot mount, and it's perfect! I believe their site calls it the "clinch".

#3 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 422 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

I use a CD slot mount for my Galaxy S5, similar to the Caseology.  CD slot means phone is well forward of windshield - I can't reach that far forward either.   BTW, because of the 'shelf' underneath the CD slot, other brands like Mountek that use a protruding bolt or screw head to tighten the grip won't wotk on the NRG - I tried.  Need one that just has a flip lever and mount it upside down so lever is on top.

#4 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• 216 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:23 AM

I'm a big fan of ProClipUSA's mounts, which are custom-shaped for each model car. This is the page for the mounts which work for the C-MAX. I use the ProClip Angled Mount #855071, connected to the large universal holder for devices with a case (#246827) which easily holds my Galaxy S5 with an Otterbox Defender case. No weight on the CD slot, no telltale suction cup circle on the windshield, and very easy to reach and see the device. Also, ProClipUSA both offers and stands behind a solid warranty. {Jonathan}

#5 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

I have used http://www.pro-fit-intl.commounts in the past when I had a stand alone XM radio.  The mounts were well engineered, sturdy, and ideally placed.  They have Vehicle Specific Mounts with excellent installation instructions.  I have not tried them for a phone or with the C-Max, but had a good experience with their products in the past.

#6 OFFLINE   David Moore

David Moore

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationCape coral, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi and Toyota camry 2002

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for the tips. I do like the magic mount type that im using at the moment. The proclip USA looks good. Especially since the one holder should fit my one plus with its case. They are a premium price. In was thinking maybe mounting to the left of the gear leaver but it may be a bit low to be glancing at for directions. High left would be OK but I would have to figure some neat way of getting a charger over to it as the smartphone batteries go quickly.
  • Jonathan Ezor likes this

#7 OFFLINE   urs70

urs70

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationVA
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max 303A, Pano

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:56 PM

Just info for anyone still looking for one. I got this model from and mounted it on the vent on the passenger side. Needed to keep it at the bottom of the vent to make sure it doesn't turn down. Otherwise works perfectly. That location is easily reachable and not in the way of anything. Also on hot days the a/c will keep the phone cool as well.

https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#8 OFFLINE   Hackster

Hackster

• 79 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationGTA
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 2016

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:11 PM

I got a spider-looking stand from eBay for a couple of bucks and it works very well - the 8 fully adjustable legs allow me to create a stand configuration that holds any phone either vertically or horizontally and, resting on the shelf, with a couple of legs stabilizing it in the CD slot, it is very sturdy. 

Attached File  C-Max_Phone_Holder.jpg   172.63KB   1 downloads

#9 OFFLINE   NedB

NedB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationSyracuse NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax, 2005 FEH & 2007 Prius

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:07 AM

I have the iottie touch Version 3, i had the previous two versions, the first did fine, but when I got a larger phone I picked up version 2... actually preferred version 1 vs 2, it held better, though the iPhone 6plus in an otter box commuter is a tad snug.
V3 is Much better than V2, but am considering a new v1 (my old one got misplaced) and leave the v3 in the Prius. I get my Cmax in a couple of days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·