Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Aced the day!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,954 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

3 fairly long EV trips today and I'm proud to say I did quite well, only 1 "mistake" when a car in front of me stopped to turn left blocking my lane and I didn't react fast enough to avoid a less than 100% brake score on that one stop.

Also noticed yesterday my lifetime brake score is now at 99%, up 1% from 98 that its been at for a wihle..  Just so COOOOOOL!

-=>Raja.

• miboje likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   bschwerdt

bschwerdt

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 CMax Energi, 302A / 2017 Chevrolet Bolt Premier

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:56 AM

Nicely done!

My wife and I find the coach feedback very useful for improving efficiency.  Before the CMax, we had a Honda Insight.  Honda tried to provide some feedback via their "Eco Assist".  The problem was that it was one-dimensional.  You either did well or poorly.  Ford's system is far superior, providing actual useful feedback, showing progress (via a percent grade, not just "good" or "bad"), and grades you in three different areas.

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,954 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:47 AM

Yeah I really like it.  I try to keep the coach bars all full blue all the time.  People with Hemis behind me hate the slower acceleration and slower stops towards red lights, but in reality there is nowhere to go as there is traffic in front of me.  They just like the gas brake gas brake stuff better.

I drove a Toyota rental while I was in CA.  It had an "Eco mode" light that came on when you were doing better than really bad, but that was about it.  That car was "boring" to drive in comparison to this.  In my Cmax every time I have to make a harder stop than normal I always cringe a bit and look at the brake score and get that "relief" if it says 100%.  

Doing all this gives me a 30 mile EV range with the Cmax as opposed to the advertised 20.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 15 October 2015 - 05:48 AM.

• Kermit likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:32 AM

Yeah I really like it.  I try to keep the coach bars all full blue all the time.  People with Hemis behind me hate the slower acceleration and slower stops towards red lights, but in reality there is nowhere to go as there is traffic in front of me.  They just like the gas brake gas brake stuff better.

I drove a Toyota rental while I was in CA.  It had an "Eco mode" light that came on when you were doing better than really bad, but that was about it.  That car was "boring" to drive in comparison to this.  In my Cmax every time I have to make a harder stop than normal I always cringe a bit and look at the brake score and get that "relief" if it says 100%.  

Doing all this gives me a 30 mile EV range with the Cmax as opposed to the advertised 20.

-=>Raja.

A hard stop and you still get 100%? I don't think that qualifies as a hard stop. When other traffic decides to be stupid I feel lucky when my hard stop gets a score above 60%. The hard stops happen more often than I would like but with the city traffic it is bound to happen often.  On regular stops I get 99% more often than 100%. I always do get a little extra satisfaction when I do get the 100% score.

Tom 

#5 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,954 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:41 AM

Well "hard" for me meaning I felt that I had to push the brake a little more than the "safe" light padding with very little gradual pressure increase to milk the stop all the way to the last 5 feet.

I only had to make one real hard braking event when a bear, yes a BEAR galloped in front of me on route 209 Federal reserve in PA.  The car actually pulled to the right which surprised me a bit but I read here that some other people's Cmax's pull to a side when braking hard.  Not sure what the issue is, but I never brake that way anyways and hope never to so I didn't worry about it much.

You are allowed one little braking mistake and you can still make a 99 driving score if your brake score for the trip is 99% and not 100.  If the brake score drops to 98% for the trip, you can't get a 99 any more you'd be at 98 max (renaissance man driving score).

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 15 October 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   ffeingol

ffeingol

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationEarth
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

OK, only somewhat related to this, but how did you get your name/nickname associated with the key?  I've been looking for that in myfordmobile and can't figure out how to do it.

#7 OFFLINE   WheNRG

WheNRG

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationDallas
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Energi w/302A

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

Congrats, but I'm glad I wasn't caught behind you.  I drive quite conservatively (at least compared to what I did with my previous 300hp car), but I still get driving scores in the mid 80s.  As for braking, if the light is red as I come to it I will always get 95+, but there are times when it turns yellow , or a car slows down in front of me where I get 50 or below. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·