Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

3rd party or smaller key fob?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ffeingol

ffeingol

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationEarth
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:26 PM

I'm guessing the answer is going to be 'no' but I'm still going to ask  :smile2:   I have a 2015 C-Max with the 302A package.  It's really nice that I don't have to take the fob out of my pocket to open/lock/start the car, but the thing is huge.  Are there any Ford or 3rd party fobs that are compatible, but smaller?

Thanks

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,207 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

Because it's a smart FOB, I highly doubt you'll find an aftermarket replacement.  Your best bet might be a smaller ford fob that could possibly be reprogrammed.  A really good professional locksmith might be able to answer this. 

I personally like the size as it's easier for me to "find" it in my pocket when I want to auto start the car.  I also have my wife's subaru fob which is shorter but much wider on the same key ring.  I also quit wearing tight fitting clothing decades ago.....  :hysterical3:

#3 OFFLINE   JonC

JonC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationTN
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:26 AM

Yeah, I'd be interested to know if anybody figures this one out.  I've seen a few keys on ebay that claim compatibility.  I've only got one key, my car apparently came with only one from the factory, it's a fleet model, and it has "less second remote ignition key" on the order sheet.

#4 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,207 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:40 AM

and it has "less second remote ignition key" on the order sheet.

Either way you need to get a backup PDQ!!!!  If you lose it (or it malfunctions), you will most likely have to buy under duress from the closest dealer and pay out the nose.  At least getting an OEM one right now, will allow you to shop around for a better price.

My previous advice still stands:  check with a professional local locksmith (not a place that only offers key duplication services) to see if other, smaller Ford FOB's will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·