Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

unable to reset mykey... HELP, PLEASE.

mykey

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crazeestike

crazeestike

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSeattle
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

i purchased a pre-owned 2013 c-max energi a little over a month ago.  a couple of weeks ago i started to play with 'mykey'.  now i'd like to remove, or disable it, but i'm unable to get back to the 'mykey' options under settings.

i only have one key fob and i'm assuming i have lost all the admin privileges with setting up mykey.  is there anyway i can reset this, beyond the info given in the manual, or do i have to go to the dealer?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:42 AM

i purchased a pre-owned 2013 c-max energi a little over a month ago.  a couple of weeks ago i started to play with 'mykey'.  now i'd like to remove, or disable it, but i'm unable to get back to the 'mykey' options under settings.

i only have one key fob and i'm assuming i have lost all the admin privileges with setting up mykey.  is there anyway i can reset this, beyond the info given in the manual, or do i have to go to the dealer?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Welcome to the forum, crazeestike!

I know you've read the Owner Manual, but I'll posting a few quick notes for anyone else who reads this thread. :)

Any keys that have not been programmed are referred to as administrator keys or admin keys. These can be used to:
• create a restricted key
• program optional MyKey settings
• clear all MyKey features.

Note: All programmed keys can be cleared within the same key cycle in which a key was programmed, otherwise an admin key is required to clear the keys.

CLEARING ALL MYKEYS
You can clear the programming while you create a MyKey or use an admin key to clear the restrictions. When you clear the restrictions, you return the key to its original admin key status.
To clear your MyKey, use the information display to do the following:
1. Access the main menu and select Settings, then MyKey.
2. Scroll to Clear All and press the OK button.
3. Hold the OK button until ALL MYKEYS CLEARED displays.

I lost the only admin key.
• Purchase a new key from your authorized dealer.

Since you only have one key, it can either remain as the admin key, or you can program it to act as a MyKey. THat being said, there are certain things (programming new keys and optional settings, clearing individual keys, doesn't have any restrictions on it) that admin keys have that the restricted MyKey will not. If the "Clear all MyKeys" above doesn't work, I recommend heading to your dealer.

Meagan

Edited by FordService, 13 October 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   crazeestike

crazeestike

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSeattle
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

Welcome to the forum, crazeestike!

I know you've read the Owner Manual, but I'll posting a few quick notes for anyone else who reads this thread. :)

Any keys that have not been programmed are referred to as administrator keys or admin keys. These can be used to:
• create a restricted key
• program optional MyKey settings
• clear all MyKey features.

Note: All programmed keys can be cleared within the same key cycle in which a key was programmed, otherwise an admin key is required to clear the keys.

CLEARING ALL MYKEYS
You can clear the programming while you create a MyKey or use an admin key to clear the restrictions. When you clear the restrictions, you return the key to its original admin key status.
To clear your MyKey, use the information display to do the following:
1. Access the main menu and select Settings, then MyKey.
2. Scroll to Clear All and press the OK button.
3. Hold the OK button until ALL MYKEYS CLEARED displays.

I lost the only admin key.
• Purchase a new key from your authorized dealer.

Since you only have one key, it can either remain as the admin key, or you can program it to act as a MyKey. THat being said, there are certain things (programming new keys and optional settings, clearing individual keys, doesn't have any restrictions on it) that admin keys have that the restricted MyKey will not. If the "Clear all MyKeys" above doesn't work, I recommend heading to your dealer.

Meagan

i've tried "CLEARING ALL MY KEYS" several times with what as listed above and the original key cycle was sometime ago.  i didn't know that adding mykey would remove admin privileges.  now i do (lesson learned)!

i'll have to contact the dealership.  

i appreciate you responding to my post, meagan.  :smile2: 

#4 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:51 PM

i've tried "CLEARING ALL MY KEYS" several times with what as listed above and the original key cycle was sometime ago.  i didn't know that adding mykey would remove admin privileges.  now i do (lesson learned)!

i'll have to contact the dealership.  

i appreciate you responding to my post, meagan.  :smile2: 

You're more than welcome!

Meagan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mykey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·