Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Sounds On start up

start up sounds

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jordan Apple Moyers

Jordan Apple Moyers

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Locationillinois
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Max Energi

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:59 PM

i just bought my 2015 C-Max Energi last week and i have noticed some sounds... when i turn the car on it sounds like a thump coming from the back of the vehicle with some other type noises. When i turn off the car i hear a click/thump about 2 seconds after i turn the car off also coming from the back of the vehicle and i can not figure it out.... 

an other question is when i accelerate i hear a one click and the same thing when i slow down... is this normal?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

Welcome to the Forum!

I did some tests and did hear a brief sound right (Could be the thump or a click sound) after start up coming from the rear. I believe the sound occurs when the HVB relay engages to supply power. There may also be a similar noise at shutdown the the HVB is disconnected but I did not hear that one. Other noises coming from the rear may have something to do with the fuel vacuum pressure system. I do think these noises are considered normal.

I don't hear any clicking on acceleration or slowing down but that could be that I just can't hear it due to hearing loss that I have or that over time I've tuned it out in my mind. I assume the acceleration noise is coming from the front?

Tom

Edited by Tom_NC_1, 08 October 2015 - 01:26 PM.

• Jordan Apple Moyers likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Jordan Apple Moyers

Jordan Apple Moyers

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Locationillinois
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Max Energi

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

Thanks Tom, i am taking the car back to the dealer to have them investigate the click when i accelerate and slow down... I'm glad that the other sounds are normal... thanks again for the help... and i will post what the dealer says about it when i know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·