Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Sync 3.8 Update

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 177 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:37 AM

Btw, my field service action warranty extension is also 12m02

Hi kbmax,

Please send the VIN in a private message; I'd like to look into your software.

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam, 09 January 2017 - 08:06 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#102 OFFLINE   energetic

energetic

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDurham NC
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max 2014

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

I purchased a used 2014 C-Max Energi running S2wMFT 3.6 (which the previous owner/dealer updated Jun 2014) and requested any and all available software updates from my dealer scheduled maintenance last month. Thanks to this thread, I was aware of 3.8 and asked for them to install it. They returned the car without any upgrades, though.

Since I recently received an email from Ford that they are shutting down Sync services I figured I had better upgrade soon just in case the shuttering somehow disables further upgrades.

So FYI I was able to upgrade to 3.8 this morning, thanks to the v3.8 - EA5T-14D544-AD.zip file posted in this thread.

I am a hardcore Mac guy, so I reformatted a USB stick FAT/MBR and used Keka to directly unzip the contents of the zip to the drive. Made sure the SyncMyRide folder and .lst file were in the root, not an enclosing folder. 

I was a little concerned about bricking as it's my family's only car, but all went well and indeed it took a little over 35 minutes.

I see 3.8 doesn't add conventional text messaging features to an iPhone, though those features are available with Siri Eyes Free.

There is no explanation in any of the car settings panels how to activate Siri Eyes Free, or that it's even available, so a reminder for those of you new to this thread that you will need to hold the Voice Command button on the right hand side of the steering wheel for up to 3 seconds before you see the word "Siri" show up in the top left corner of your Sync window (you should also hear the familiar Siri chime.)

Thank you SO much Rubymax and everyone here for doing Ford's job brilliantly!

Edited by energetic, 16 June 2017 - 08:42 AM.

• RubyMax likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·