Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Sync 3.8 Update

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationcentral
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max energi, Fusion Ti Hy, Mustang GT, Triumph TR7

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:36 AM

I have two cars that can take this update.  Do I have to download the files twice, or can I update both cars from the same memory stick?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 521 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:15 AM

Since the file produced attaches the vehicle VIN to the filename, I believe it is safe to just use one stick.  Just be sure you upload the filename with the correct VIN to the correct account.

#43 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:35 AM

I used one USB drive with the same file to update my C-Max and my Escape.  I just removed the XML file that gets placed on the drive after the update is complete. The second vehicle then had no issues with the installation.

#44 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • LocationNederland
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Nissan Qashqai (Rogue)

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:29 AM

I can't download the file from The Netherlands. My VIN is not recognized on the ford.com website. 

Is there any other way of getting that download on my 2015 Energy?

#45 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 521 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:53 AM

I can't download the file from The Netherlands. My VIN is not recognized on the ford.com website. 

Sounds like a dealer visit is in order:

http://www.ford.nl/O...ontrol/FordSync

#46 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:18 AM

The update is for MyFord Touch, is that feature available in the EU?

#47 OFFLINE   mdntblu

mdntblu

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationCorona, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

Fun. Can't wait. Siri Eyes Free is what's been missing since I bought my car. Apple CarPlay would be nice too.

#48 OFFLINE   jeromep

jeromep

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:00 PM

My guess is that the update is for the North American market only.  Software like this has to be localized for the markets it is being used in.  My guess is that an EU localized version will eventually appear.  I don't know how extensive Ford's online owner support is for the European market, however, MFT and Sync seem to have appeared in North America first and has only recently been available in Europe.  It may also be possible that Ford may distribute the software update only through dealers, especially if there isn't a self-service web site for European Ford owners.

#49 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

I just finished the 3.8 update from 3.6.2 when my Energi had been left since 2013.  It took about 25 minutes.  As with others, this update was not showing as available for my car so I downloaded it from the link provided on the Fusion forum.  I have very little faith, despite the efforts made by the resident Ford support person here to get our cars included, that Ford will ever get their act together and provide MFT updates for all MFT-equipted vehicles.  I also suspect 3.8 will be it for the early version of the Energi's.

I too recommend not using Firefox to even try to upload the XML file as the Ford website seems to have a problem with it.  I did do with the Firefox IE Tab feature.

Attached File  Sync 3.8.jpg   15.45KB   3 downloads

Edited by ArizonaEnergi, 07 November 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#50 OFFLINE   ls973800

ls973800

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:Replaced Ford Edge

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:58 PM

I checked the Ford.com website and the keep your Sync Up to Date Link on that page.  My 2015 C-Max Energi is showing the latest update for Sync as needing to be done.  What I find comical is the following statement on that page

You have an update available. Please note you will need a USB drive in order to proceed. This update is compatible with A3, A4 and A5 SD cards only

My car with the navigation came from the factory with an A6 SD card.  I have read on these boards that the Ford rep has stated that the A6 card is also compatible with the latest update, contrary to what the official Ford site says.

I would hope and expect Ford to be more in tune with what information they themselves make public when it comes to updates, upgrades, products, etc.  I have had problems in the past with the Ford Owner and Ford Credit accounts, and had to spend time making phone calls and sending emails to get the situations corrected.

I give Ford a C- when it comes to them regarding the ever evolving consumer use of websites, downloads for updates, on line owner accounts, etc.  I had trouble with the Sync My Ride account also now that I think about it back in 2012 when I first signed up on that site.  I guess they must still be using the same IT personnel and or company to do their sites now since they haven't improved any in my opinion. 

#51 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:25 AM

This is where Tesla has it right.  Over the air updates, automatically, to every vehicle, no owner or dealer involvement required.

I give Ford a C- when it comes to them regarding the ever evolving consumer use of websites, downloads for updates, on line owner accounts, etc.  I had trouble with the Sync My Ride account also now that I think about it back in 2012 when I first signed up on that site.  I guess they must still be using the same IT personnel and or company to do their sites now since they haven't improved any in my opinion. 

#52 OFFLINE   David Moore

David Moore

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationCape coral, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi and Toyota camry 2002

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

Mine is showing up to date at 3.6.2  I did have a quick trawl of the Fusion forum to see if I could find an update link.  I saw that someone bricked their system by attempting on update so I will leave that well enough alone.  There are recalls showing under my vin number so I will give the dealer a call and see if I can book the car in for Friday.  Maybe the dealer can look into the update issue.  Not that it bothers me if it only affects iphone users (which I am not). 

#53 OFFLINE   tlcj

tlcj

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNorthern Kentucky
  • Current Vehicle:2013 energi

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

Hi All,

It has been some time since an update in this thread.  I have a 2013 energi  that says I am up to date at 3.6.2.  I understand that others have upgraded.  I am wondering about the post that said ford was looking into why we were not showing the update avail on some cars.

Terry

#54 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 177 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:34 AM

Hi Terry! 

I'm still accepting VINs for this via private message. Please shoot it over along with your current mileage and best contact phone number. :)

Rebecca

#55 OFFLINE   tlcj

tlcj

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNorthern Kentucky
  • Current Vehicle:2013 energi

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

PM Sent

#56 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hi fotomoto,

You can always get your voice heard on our Social site: Social.Ford.com We're always looking for new suggestions!

Raja,

I know you've gone through the update process, but I wanted to give you the instructions to check your software in the car. You can save it for future needs.

To check your software version:

1. Press the GEARS icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select HELP on the left.
3. Select SYSTEM INFORMATION in the middle.
4. Look for the CCPU S/W version.

timwil56,

Glad you were able to figure it out! Let me know how the install goes.

Shaay

Interesting...  Mine(which syncmyride says is 3.6.2) says:

CCPU S/W Version: 4.30.13171_PRODUCT

Trying to find the manual 3.8 update process.  What's the likelihood that this bricks it instead of updating?

#57 OFFLINE   tpowel2

tpowel2

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 302A

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:13 AM

Levi, you can find the manual update over in the C-Max Hybrid forum, I think it's post #41.  I did mine last week, no problems at all.  It's wasn't complicated and I'm not very tech savy.

• Levi Smith likes this

#58 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:13 AM

Levi, you can find the manual update over in the C-Max Hybrid forum, I think it's post #41.  I did mine last week, no problems at all.  It's wasn't complicated and I'm not very tech savy.

Thanks, I ended up finding it shortly after the last post and decided to go for it.  It took over half an hour, but was trouble free.  Though I can't say I've seen any improvements.  

#59 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,098 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:40 AM

There isn't much besides holding down the right steering button and having Siri hands free come on in my opinion.

Also if I remember right I think they now have time of arrival or minutes to arrival for the GPS and you can switch it as you see fit.

-=>Raja.

#60 OFFLINE   Jason Chatelin

Jason Chatelin

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationpullman,wa
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:ford fusion

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:41 PM

Make sure you have unzipped the file that was downloaded from the ford web site. The files need to be in the top directory of the USB drive. Here is a screenshot for that top level directory.attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-10-09 at 11.59.28 AM.jpg

The SyncMyRide folder will have about 24 files in it too.

The download should start up shortly after the USB is plugged in. I did have a problem with the USB stick during the previous upgrade so it could be an issue with the USB stick too.

When Im trying to update it the folders are all messed up. I deleted it and tried again but its not getting the folder syncmyride?? what am i doing wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·