Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Sync 3.8 Update

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:51 AM

Right away after you plug in the USB stick.

Make sure you have all the files on there correctly.

-=>Raja.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

I'm having a little trouble. The update is not starting after the car is on and the usb is plugged in. I waited in P for ten minutes and nothing happened. I check the drive and the update is loaded on it. Those who have updated, how long did it take for the update to start?

Make sure you have unzipped the file that was downloaded from the ford web site. The files need to be in the top directory of the USB drive. Here is a screenshot for that top level directory.Attached File  Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 11.59.28 AM.jpg   29.39KB   12 downloads

The SyncMyRide folder will have about 24 files in it too.

The download should start up shortly after the USB is plugged in. I did have a problem with the USB stick during the previous upgrade so it could be an issue with the USB stick too.

• DWW1505 likes this

#23 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

I have had issues in the past with the update not loading from cheap/generic USB memory sticks. On a hunch, I loaded the update onto a name brand stick (Sandisk in my case) and the update loaded fine.  I didn't spend a lot of time researching it, but it could have either been a driver, or a file system issue.

#24 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

Thanks all. I think where I went wrong was I only loaded the syncmyride folder on to the drive, I now have all three files and will see how that works.

#25 OFFLINE   PJFW8

PJFW8

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:2018
  • Current Vehicle:Tesla Model 3

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:00 PM

When I followed the instructions carefully it worked. I was not able to notify Ford of the install.  Be patient when you install. It was really spooky staring at a blank screen or watching an apparently stalled progress bar. 30 minutes plus but it did work.  I tried siri eyes free. It read incoming texts (which never worked before in my Iphone 6. I could also send a text by voice.  Easy and intuitive. I like it.

• mdntblu likes this

#26 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 177 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

Had I known Ford was still working on a new update, I would have submitted this one:  while tuned to an FM HD station, the radio will be off upon powering up the car the next time.   It behaves fine if tuned to any other source.   It will be interesting to see what 3.8 does in this scenario. 

Hi fotomoto,

You can always get your voice heard on our Social site: Social.Ford.com We're always looking for new suggestions!

I'm downloading it now, but my car just came back from service today and they said they updated MFT screen as well as fixed other problems.  Would they have updated sync to the latest version?  How do I find out what I have from the car's screen?  I haven't taken the time to look through the menus, if you guys know off the top of your head let me know and thanks.

-=>Raja.

Raja,

I know you've gone through the update process, but I wanted to give you the instructions to check your software in the car. You can save it for future needs.

To check your software version:

1. Press the GEARS icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select HELP on the left.
3. Select SYSTEM INFORMATION in the middle.
4. Look for the CCPU S/W version.

Thanks all. I think where I went wrong was I only loaded the syncmyride folder on to the drive, I now have all three files and will see how that works.

timwil56,

Glad you were able to figure it out! Let me know how the install goes.

Shaay

#27 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:56 PM

I was messing around putting in the GPS destination for tomorrow's trip to CT and I noticed a couple of things:

a) ETA time can now be chosen as either time to destination or anticipated arrival time.

b) When I put in the destination, I didn't get the 3 routes (fastest, shortest, and eco routes to choose one of them).

c) There is an addition of a mute and replay last instruction buttons on the nav map screen

Thanks Shaay for the instructions on how to check the version, I already updated it now, I checked and it shows 3.8.something, I would have liked to check before but I'm sure it was lower as I stuck in the USB stick again and the system said I already updated can't do it over.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 09 October 2015 - 07:21 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:44 PM

Hmm, Ford is showing no update for my 2013 Energi and that 3.6.2 is the latest available update (which I installed back in 2013).  Why would Sync not be showing 3.8 for my vehicle?

Edited by ArizonaEnergi, 09 October 2015 - 07:44 PM.

#29 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

Hmm, Ford is showing no update for my 2013 Energi and that 3.6.2 is the latest available update (which I installed back in 2013). Why would Sync not be showing 3.8 for my vehicle?

If 3.8 is the same as 3.7 was, Ford only released it to 2014 and newer VINs. On one of the forums, a few people were discussing attempting to load the newer version on the earlier cars, but I never heard back as to whether it worked or not.

I see others are getting it on 2013s, maybe there is a cutoff VIN?

Edited by cwstnsko, 09 October 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:52 AM

If 3.8 is the same as 3.7 was, Ford only released it to 2014 and newer VINs. On one of the forums, a few people were discussing attempting to load the newer version on the earlier cars, but I never heard back as to whether it worked or not.

I see others are getting it on 2013s, maybe there is a cutoff VIN?

I did the 3.8 update successfully on my 2013 Job 2 build CMax built in may 2013.

#31 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:49 AM

I was able to install the update, but cant confirm on SyncMyRide. Oh well, it works, so I'm not going to worry about it. On my way to a family gathering, I used Siri to respond to a text and it was pretty sweet.

#32 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

To get the confirmation to upload, I had to use a Microsoft browser.  Firefox let me select the file, but never displayed the upload button.  I believe somebody reported the same problem with Chrome.

#33 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:17 PM

To get the confirmation to upload, I had to use a Microsoft browser.  Firefox let me select the file, but never displayed the upload button.  I believe somebody reported the same problem with Chrome.

That was it, I used Safari and it confirmed in a few seconds. Thanks.

#34 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:06 AM

I did mine on my desktop PC with google chrome and it confirmed OK for what that's worth.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 11 October 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#35 OFFLINE   Valkraider

Valkraider

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPortland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Energi

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

Hmm, Ford is showing no update for my 2013 Energi and that 3.6.2 is the latest available update (which I installed back in 2013).  Why would Sync not be showing 3.8 for my vehicle?

Same for me.  It claims I have the latest version installed at 3.6.2.

#36 OFFLINE   Valkraider

Valkraider

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Energi

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:18 PM

Hey everyone! 

Just want to jump in and remind you that I'm here if you have any issues or questions regarding the update. :) Enjoy! 

Rebecca

Why is it not showing on owner.ford.com for my vehicle?  It says I have the latest version, 3.6.2.

#37 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• 177 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

Why is it not showing on owner.ford.com for my vehicle?  It says I have the latest version, 3.6.2.

Hi Valkraider, 

Please send your VIN in a PM and I'll take a closer look. 

Whitey 

#38 OFFLINE   jlaase

jlaase

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:38 AM

I am in the same boat.  When I go to the ford website, it informs me that 3.6.2 is the latest version and does not offer me the 3.8 version.

#39 OFFLINE   trwarren

trwarren

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:CMax Energi

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:17 AM

I have downloaded the 3.8 update file but when looking at the instructions it indicates that it is only compatible with nav versions A3, A4 and A5; I have the newer A6 version so am wondering if those who have installed this update have A6? (I assume that the instructions were for the older 3.6.x Sync system).

#40 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• 177 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:34 AM

I am in the same boat.  When I go to the ford website, it informs me that 3.6.2 is the latest version and does not offer me the 3.8 version.

Some vehicles are not showing 3.8 available for download even though they should be seeing it. We are investigating why this is happening. Also, I received your PM and I'll respond in just a moment. :) 

I have downloaded the 3.8 update file but when looking at the instructions it indicates that it is only compatible with nav versions A3, A4 and A5; I have the newer A6 version so am wondering if those who have installed this update have A6? (I assume that the instructions were for the older 3.6.x Sync system).

The A6 and B6 map cards will work with this update. Thanks for bringing this up! I've reported it to our web support to have the wording corrected. 

Rebecca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·