Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Underbody pieces in front of front splash guards--identifying and reattaching?

underbody trim repair

Best Answer Jonathan Ezor , 09 October 2015 - 07:06 AM

They are wind deflectors and most get ripped off by scraping the front air-dam on parking blocks and driveway approaches  :salute:

Any idea as to the part number? Trying to find it on the FordParts site, largely to make sure I see how it's to be attached and what fasteners to use. Thanks. {Jonathan}

UPDATE: Found 'em; they're called "Front Fender to Cowl Deflectors," and the part # is 16B074. This sister forum post shows pictures. Thanks, all. {Jonathan}

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 216 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:41 AM

In front of the front splash guards and behind the front bumper on my 2015 C-MAX Energi are two rubber pieces, one on each side, that attach to the underbody with what appears to be two screws and two tabs. One has completely come off (a screw is missing; I removed and kept the second when I removed the hanging piece), and the other is loose. I've been looking through online parts lists, trying to figure out (a) what they're called and (more importantly) (b) what they're for, as well as how to reattach them. Any assistance would (as always) be greatly appreciated. {Jonathan}

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:18 PM

In front of the front splash guards and behind the front bumper on my 2015 C-MAX Energi are two rubber pieces, one on each side, that attach to the underbody with what appears to be two screws and two tabs. One has completely come off (a screw is missing; I removed and kept the second when I removed the hanging piece), and the other is loose. I've been looking through online parts lists, trying to figure out (a) what they're called and (more importantly) (b) what they're for, as well as how to reattach them. Any assistance would (as always) be greatly appreciated. {Jonathan}

I had one come loose during an Interstate trip. It is some kind of aerodynamic piece, sorry I can't remember the exact name. My left one had lost a screw and dragged the freeway, so I had to replace it. About 70 bucks as I recall. I was tempted to just not bother, but there has to be a reason for it...

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

#3 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

They are wind deflectors and most get ripped off by scraping the front air-dam on parking blocks and driveway approaches  :salute:

• Jonathan Ezor likes this

#4 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:55 AM

Well, I don't think so in my case. It happened during a pure Interstate trip, on the way back after 1200 miles. I suspect I would have known if the plastic was loose before the trip.

I rather more suspect that the screws were loose from the factory and worked their way out.

#5 OFFLINE   Jonathan Ezor

Jonathan Ezor

• 216 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:06 AM   Best Answer

Any idea as to the part number? Trying to find it on the FordParts site, largely to make sure I see how it's to be attached and what fasteners to use. Thanks. {Jonathan}

UPDATE: Found 'em; they're called "Front Fender to Cowl Deflectors," and the part # is 16B074. This sister forum post shows pictures. Thanks, all. {Jonathan}

Edited by Jonathan Ezor, 09 October 2015 - 07:32 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: underbody, trim, repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·