I thought all Ford trouble codes started with P
Here is my understanding for how the code breakdown is..
First digit structure is as follows:
• Pxxxx for powertrain
• Bxxxx for body
• Cxxxx for chassis
• Uxxxx for future systems
Second digit structure is:
• P0xxx Government required codes
• P1xxx Manufacturer codes for additional emission system function; not
required but reported to the government
Third digit structure is:
• Px1xx measurement of air and fuel
• Px2xx measurement of air and fuel
• Px3xx ignition system
• Px4xx additional emission control
• Px5xx speed and idle regulation
• Px6xx computer and output signals
• Px7xx transmission
• Px8xx transmission
• Px9xx control modules, input and output signals
The fourth and fifth digits designate the individual components and systems.
This may not be all inclusive but it is all I could find information on.
Edited by Tom_NC_1, 09 September 2015 - 03:07 PM.