Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Car Stereo Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bluefever

bluefever

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationLittleton,NH
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:cmax energi

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:04 PM

I'm new to the forums, as well as to my 2013 c-max energi. I've looked around on google and found a scosche dash kit for the c-max. But i've heard that an aftermarket stereo wouldn't interface with any sync hardware. I've also researched sync integration devices and found an idatalink Maestro. Unfortunately, it doesn't list the c-max as being compatible. I tried contacting crutchfield, all I got was, we haven't researched the c-max. Has anyone tried replacing the factory sync stereo with an aftermarket?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   mdntblu

mdntblu

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCorona, CA
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:31 PM

I believe these days it's harder and harder to put in aftermarket stereos due to the fact that so much integration goes with it. I don't even know why you would want to change it out? The one that comes with it has everything except DVD playback. And it integrates with the buttons on the steering wheel as well as the right screen on the dash. It also has that info tab that shows what the car is doing as far as charging, hybrid mode, etc. I've played some music on my iPhone and turned it up and it sounded awesome.

#3 OFFLINE   bluefever

bluefever

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLittleton,NH

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

Sync doesn't integrate well with either phone i've tried to pair with it, both androids. Mine also didn't come with the backup camera or navigation from the factory.

#4 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

Sync doesn't integrate well with either phone i've tried to pair with it, both androids. Mine also didn't come with the backup camera or navigation from the factory.

Interesting. My Nav model works fine. Different Sync software, I know.

#5 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,184 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

I added a powered mini-subwoofer under the drivers seat which GREATLY improved the SONY system.  Although I haven't done a ton of mods to the CMax, this is the best bang for the buck of them all.

370F0945-EA40-4AD3-8AE9-AB31935F26B9_zps

I would highly suggest adding something similar and then, if you still desire, replacing all speakers with better spec before tackling the head unit.

#6 OFFLINE   bluefever

bluefever

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLittleton,NH

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:20 PM

I'm more interested in a different stereo for connectivity. Backup camera, navigation, Bluetooth. I think the speakers sound fine as is.

#7 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 407 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Energi

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:50 AM

Last year when my family went to Hawaii we got rental cars at the islands we visited.  One was a Ford with Bluetooth.  It was difficult to get it to work, but it did.  Any specific issues that we might be able to address, (mine is also Android)?  (Once I figured out how to get it to work, if I recall correctly, I was able to stream the navigation directions through the stereo.  Be sure you increase the media volume on the phone to the highest setting, and crank up the volume on the stereo.)

Edited by jzchen, 30 August 2015 - 01:53 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   gamocles

gamocles

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSACRAMENTO
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

Hi, I have a 2015 energi and picked up a alpine 445u amplifier to boost the satelites and a boss 1100 and pioneer 10" downfiring sub box for bass. I need to get to the speaker level inputs which I understand are behind the glovebox in the sync module. Anyone done this and have any tips? I'm not even sure how to get the glovebox out, LOL...

Thanks in advance!

#9 OFFLINE   bluefever

bluefever

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLittleton,NH

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:19 PM

I love my c-max , I just hate the damn myfordtouch!!!!! I've been praying for idatalink to get a kit for the c-max, they have one for the escape which has a practically identical dash. But no C-Max!!!!!

#10 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• 407 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:44 AM

I love my c-max , I just hate the damn myfordtouch!!!!! I've been praying for idatalink to get a kit for the c-max, they have one for the escape which has a practically identical dash. But no C-Max!!!!!

Hmm, I wonder if these would be helpful:

http://www.scosche.c...-interface-7726

http://www.scosche.c...nstallation-kit

Scosche's application guide lists them, as well as two possible antennae adapters???

#11 OFFLINE   lkushner

lkushner

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCT
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:Prius

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

FotoMoto,
Has adding a mini subwoofer effected the distance that you can drive your car on electric?

#12 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:34 AM

FotoMoto,
Has adding a mini subwoofer effected the distance that you can drive your car on electric?

Technically yes, but I've not seen anyone complain about reduced mileage. Everything electric draws from the HVB.

#13 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• 407 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:42 PM

Hmm, I wonder if these would be helpful:

http://www.scosche.c...-interface-7726

http://www.scosche.c...nstallation-kit

Scosche's application guide lists them, as well as two possible antennae adapters???

Hmm.  The links no longer work.  Strange but the application guide lists different items now....

#14 OFFLINE   Cory Wilson

Cory Wilson

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Hi, old topic, but I absolutely loathe the Myfordtouch system and find it ridiculous that ford won't at least offer the option to pay for an upgrade to sync 3 in the dealers.  We've had our c-max for a little over a year and half the time bluetooth won't connect to it, the clock resets all the time, can't use aux-in and charge at the same time without terrible audio feedback, and of course the random sync pairing requests.  Oh and theres no android audio support and thats always been a big deal breaker for me.  its an absoloute garbage system to be stuck with so has anyone successfully pulled off an aftermarket install?  Just looking at the idatalink maestro stuff it looks like it would be very possible with a pioneer nex unit to retain all factory features but oem's are being lazy about releasing a kit to do this.  I have to wonder what's so different about a car with the regular sync with the 4 inch screen, I mean you'd think if you rip out the radio, everything else in the car is identical. the idatalink maestro shows itsself as compatible with a 2013 c-max with the regular 4 inch screen.  Really what's so different?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·