Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

LED Headlights?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eric Bourlet

Eric Bourlet

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

I just picked up A CMax Energi. Love the car but was surprised it has halogen lights. I traded in a 2012 Hyundai Elantra that I had done an LED upgrade on the headlights. They were so much brighter I loved them. That car did not have any CAN Bus to worry about. I understand that can be an issue with the CMax. Has anyone out there done an LED headlight conversion?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:10 AM

I saw this on Amazon, and I have been thinking of trying them.

http://www.amazon.co...XYRT5CHRV&psc=1

#3 OFFLINE   Plojm

Plojm

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationNj
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Energi cmax

Posted 24 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

I tried two on Amazon but didn't work seem to flick on and then wont stay on. Thinking something to do with canbus

#4 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 559 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:35 AM

If you have the reflector headlights of the original ‘13 style, Philips X-treme Vision are probably the best. If you have the newer projector style I’d ask over on the Automotive section of Candlepowerforums, it may be possible to modify fit an H9, but only the moderators there would know. Concerns are that it’s a 65 W bulb vs 55 W, harness or headlamp may not be able to handle the extra load, and glare control....

#5 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:37 AM

I've done it, but yes you'll need an adapter and use Forscan to change the headlights from Halogen to something like "not defined" at least that's what I did on my 2013.  Along with getting the DRL's to shut off on mine.

However, my experience so far has been highly iffy on whether they are better or not.  I can't really say I've noticed a lot of extra light.

I tried the same thing on our Sienna(which didn't require messing with the computers).  And in the garage they looked a lot brighter and larger on the wall.  But out in actual use they were a lot dimmer.  Definitely not safe.  I returned them.  I went with highly rated bulbs that didn't have fans on both counts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·