Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

My Ford Mobile on a Smart Watch

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John A Smith

John A Smith

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 157 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationBakersfield, California
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Energi

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

http://www.slashgear...n-usa-23390190/

Does anyone have information on when, how and who gets this upgrade?  Is Ford still switching to Blackberry OS?  Will Sync 3 upgrade on the previous OS?  I don't know if I should be excited or envious.  :happy feet:   :cry:

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   edweird

edweird

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 182 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationDaytona Beach, FL
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

The most current version of MyFordMobile for Android (an April release data) doesn't have the AndroidWear functionality.  I'm hoping for this to show up on my LG G Watch after the next update.  I'm using that watch with a Nexus 6 smartphone with MFM installed.

I don't think there's any reason to believe (the Smartwatch part of this announcement)  it is dependent on which OS and hardware is installed in the car. (Sync 2 or 3 or future versions)  The functions mentioned are already available on the phone/tablet and web interfaces.

#3 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,263 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

MFM isn't available for the Apple Watch or I would have tried it out by now.  I would like voice commands to the watch to start (pre-condition) the car.  That would be :happy feet: .

#4 OFFLINE   edweird

edweird

• 182 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

To answer the "when" question, I noticed that my Android devices with MFM installed, got the updated version from the Google Play store in the last 24 hours.  The icon changed from a little blue square to a green plug shape using the letter E.

I saw that there is a requirement to set the MFM app on your phone to remember your credentials.  This is a setting I already use since my phone is going to be locked automatically if I don't have it on my person.  The latest version of Android supports a number of Smartlock options.

Launching the app on my AndroidWear smartwatch was pretty easy and leads to a simple screen with icons for status, remote start, remote stop, remote lock, and remote unlock.  I'm going to play around with this over the next week as I use my car in real world scenarios.

• John A Smith likes this

#5 OFFLINE   edweird

edweird

• 182 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

My smartwatch has a square face, while the one in the article had a round face.  That accounts for the different formats.

The initial screen

mfm3

Options are around the edge, but touching the center brings you to this screen
mfm4

You can scroll down and see that those two checkmarks at the bottom are telling you that air pressure and battery are OK.

Swipe to the left to bring up this screen

mfm2

It shows battery charge state, fuel level and range estimate.

Another swipe to the left brings up this screen.
mfm1
It has info on your driving and if you scroll down there are the rest of the driving score type of info.

There is one last screen that you reach by swiping left again, and it shows a map with your last parking location.  Mine is showing my home address, so I decided to omit posting that on a public forum.

#6 OFFLINE   John A Smith

John A Smith

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, California
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Energi

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:16 PM

I got the update tonight and I now see the app on my Smart Watch. Unfortunately I now only get "Connection or network error" when I try to log on. It tells me to call support.

On Edit:  It worked this morning; maybe it took time to configure itself. The app is now on my LG watch and it seems I can lock, unlock, start and stop the climate control.  I found some nice points to mention and a possible glitch.  

1:  With the app on my phone I can activate the remote start only once for a max of 15 minutes.  With my FOB I can do it twice for a max of 30 minutes.  The smart watch app lets me do it twice just like the FOB.  Hooray!!

2:  With the previous app I was limited to 30 minutes run-time period. The only way I could reset it was to enter the vehicle, engage the start button, then shut it back off.  Only then I could start the 30 minute run cycle again.  Now I can manually restart it by letting it complete the 30 minutes and it lets me restart immediately.  I can also stop it at any time then restart it for another 30 minutes. I hope that made sense. 

3:  The glitch.  I did a double start from my smart watch, confirmed the a/c was running and the start timer said 30 minutes on my phone.  When I came back to the car there was 11 minutes left according to my phone.  I pressed stop on my watch and waited about 20 seconds for the car shut off.  Nothing was running, the lights were out and the a/c was quiet.  I spent close to 10 minutes updating and watching the app on my phone showing the vehicle was still running but was stuck at 11 minutes every time I updated.  Pressing the stop button on the phone fixed it.  I think I even heard a click from the vehicle as if it received an instruction.  I've tested this several times and it is consistent. Anyone else notice this?

It would be really nice if there was a timer on the watch.  Maybe there is and I just haven't found it.  It would also be nice if the "Update" was faster.  

Edited by John A Smith, 19 August 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Taz

Taz

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationVaries between MSP & SNA
  • Current Vehicle:Avalon Hybrid, Ford Flex EgoBoost

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

I had that error yesterday. Today seems to be fine.

#8 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,157 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:56 PM

There was a systemwide upgrade going on to MFM.  They do that every so often usually at night but sometimes it rolls over into the next business day.

-=>Raja.

#9 OFFLINE   edweird

edweird

• 182 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:40 AM

charged

Here is the notification of a completed charge on a watch.

#10 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:34 AM

Apple Watch App.

Why is this being reported now?  Hasn't this been out for a month?

https://news.google....838d5fc0ae63f59

#11 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,157 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for the Tip on it Eric, I just added it to my I-watch  :smile2:

I looked for it in the past but it wasn't there, is now!

-=>Raja.

#12 OFFLINE   RubyMax

RubyMax

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationNortheast Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 302A, Pano; Focus Electric

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:00 PM

I FINALLY got an Apple Watch.  The MFM app on the watch only show one of my cars.  Is there a way to switch between my C-Max and Focus Electric?  It seems as  whichever car was last viewed on the iPhone app is what is shown on the watch.

THX

Edited by RubyMax, 04 October 2018 - 07:04 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm C-Max Energi

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:18 PM

I highly doubt they anticipated having the option of selecting between multiple vehicles on the watch. There's simply too small a set of options available from the watch (for simplicity's sake). As you mentioned, the only option is going to be switching vehicles from the phone first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·