Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Map upgrade

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 552 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 29 October 2016 - 03:16 AM

Hi All,

Is it okay to revive this thread? I have a question on a A7 SD Card map upgrade that I have purchased off of eBay.

Does anyone else have purchased a A7 SD card? I wanted to compare the content as I am not sure I got a genuine card!

Thank you,

Olivier

Once I tried to copy one onto a SanDisk Ultra because my wife complained about slow performance.  It did not work.  (They are copy protected.  SD- Secure Digital)  Does it not work?  I'm afraid I don't have A7.

Edited by jzchen, 29 October 2016 - 03:21 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   olidx

olidx

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, California
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

Hi Jzchen, card works fine but it is writable.

I wanted to see if it is just mine that is writable or somehow they change the way they build cards, and also check the version of the maps built on the card as it looks to me they are from 2012, but I might not be interpreting something right.

I guess that the security is with the .key file, likely each card has a key based on the serial of the card itself that is checked by Sync.

Edited by olidx, 29 October 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 552 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

I looked on eBay for one with a picture of the back of the OE "package". It is Copyrighted 2013. Sadly, it is old data. It came out to the dealerships' sales even before it was sold on navigation.com. It is part of the reason I am hesitant to order one right now/kind of waiting for a newer one.

I probably could have writen on the one I tried to copy, but I didn't want to mess it up. I then observed performance in my own use and didn't really notice any lag, so I left well enough alone....

#24 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:03 PM

I have a dash mounted phone holder for my Android Samsung S5, use Google Maps or Waze.  Free, updated instantly and monitors traffic patterns to get me to destination in shortest time.  Haven't used the car NAV in years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·