Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Car in the shop- Electrical transmission pump

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOutside Atlanta GA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

Well, my check engine light came on last night on the way home. I took it to the dealer today and they told me it is the electrical transmission pump and they are back ordered. He wasn't sure if they were re-vamping them but he found one in Vermont (I think that's what he said) and hopefully it would be only 3 to 4 business days. So I have a 2015 Buick Encore in my driveway. Can't say as I'm impressed. I love the size and the height, but that's about all I love.

And really, less than 15, 000 miles and just under a year old and I'm having this issue?

Edited by SSE, 22 June 2015 - 05:33 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:15 AM

Picking up my car today. Thrilled I posted such a popular topic. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

#3 OFFLINE   dicko

dicko

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWoodstock, IL
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:43 AM

There seems to be a recurring theme in all these repair threads, "Ford doesnt have the parts and must backorder them".

I had to replace the little blower in the dash that blows air over the cabin temperature sensor and it took two days to get the part.  Have they stopped stocking parts? Or are these parts unique enough that only one manufacturer makes them and with just in time inventory being the norm, you have to go back to the mfr each time a part is needed?

#4 OFFLINE   viajero

viajero

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

It's just a rare car, so not a lot of places keep parts in stock.

#5 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 1,645 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

There seems to be a recurring theme in all these repair threads, "Ford doesnt have the parts and must backorder them".

I had to replace the little blower in the dash that blows air over the cabin temperature sensor and it took two days to get the part.  Have they stopped stocking parts? Or are these parts unique enough that only one manufacturer makes them and with just in time inventory being the norm, you have to go back to the mfr each time a part is needed?

Dealers have stopped stocking non common parts to save the high cost of inventory. Most parts are ordered nowadays.

#6 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,243 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:57 PM

Picking up my car today. Thrilled I posted such a popular topic. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Sorry, I was going to post a reply when I read I originally read this but got called away.  Details?

#7 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:17 AM

Sorry, I was going to post a reply when I read I originally read this but got called away.  Details?

Nothing much else to report. Picked up the car, back to normal it seems. Interesting though that night before last it only charged to 20 miles but said it was fully charged. I didn't charge it last night because it was pouring when I finally got home and I wasn't going to stand in the rain to get the cord and pull it in. I'll see what happens tonight.

#8 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,098 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:43 AM

If they disconnected the 12v during the service the car will resort back to 20 miles range clean slate so to speak.  You will have to build that back up to your running average range over time.  A tell tale sign would also be dark coach bars (all the full blue gone) though after some driving you did yesterday they would have come up some from zero (all black).

-=>Raja.

#9 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

Well, it charged the night before that 20 mile charge to the full 26.

#10 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:47 AM

It's just a rare car, so not a lot of places keep parts in stock.

Many parts are shared across several models. The part SSE needed is unique to the C-Max, but parts such as blower motors, sensors and electronic componants are common. As already stated, dealerships don't stock parts because of the outlay costs and storage space. This is also how Ford stocks parts when they build cars, they don't keep all the parts on site, parts and componants are built and delivered based on manufacturing needs.

#11 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 467 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:16 AM

My part is on indefinite back order I figure they will get it to me before 30 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·