Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

P0D80 DTC

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DFoley

DFoley

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-max

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:40 PM

Today the check engine light came on in my 2015 Cmax Energi. I have had the car about 6 months now and have about 5500 miles on it. I plugged in my code reader and a P0D80 code was indicated. Googling this code indicated it had something to to do with the high voltage charging. This makes sense because my car it currently unable to charge. What is the fix to this. I'm trying to avoid going to the dealership, as it is 3 hours away. I live in a remote rural community. Any help would be appreciated.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

Can you explain what you see when you plug the car in?

-=>Raja.

#3 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

"P0D80 – A/C Utility input not present after EVSE S2 switch closed. A/C Input voltage < 85 VAC for 30 seconds."

The car has seen that you plugged the EVSE in and has indicated to the EVSE that it wants to be charged. However the EVSE isn't supplying the AC voltage that it should. Could be the EVSE is bad - can you check using a different EVSE?

Could also mean something wrong in the car in which case you probably have no choice but to take it to the dealer. My dealer is 3 hours away as well.

#4 OFFLINE   DFoley

DFoley

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

Raja...when I plug it in the charge port indicator lights indicate the plug is attached by flashing in order, then the lights signal the level of charge in the batteries and indicate the batteries are taking a charge. However, after about 60 seconds all the indicator light start flashing in unison and the charger no longer indicates a charge is being sent to the car.

#5 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:56 PM

Can you drive the car to a public charger (check plugshare.com) and see if it will charge properly with another unit?

-=>Raja.

#6 OFFLINE   DFoley

DFoley

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:57 PM

jdbob...I have two different factory chargers and neither seems to be charging the car. Therefore, I'm pretty sure the problem is in the car and not with the chargers.

#7 OFFLINE   DFoley

DFoley

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:07 PM

Raja...that would be nice, but I live in the sticks. There is not a public (or private) charging station within 200 miles of my location.

#8 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

Techo Geek

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 605 posts
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

Did you try clearing the DTC? 

#9 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

Check the HV disconnect behind the rear passenger seat.  Maybe unseat and reseat the plug to make sure there is a good connection.

If that doesn't help you can try to "reboot" the car by disconnecting the 12v battery for about a minute and then reconnecting it back.  Maybe that will reset something and cause the car to charge.  Can't hurt anything, if it doesn't fix it you'll have to resort to taking it to the dealer.

-=>Raja.

#10 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

Try the 120 voltage cord in a different power source.

#11 OFFLINE   DFoley

DFoley

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:55 AM

All good suggestions. I have already disconnected the HV "plug" behind the passenger read seat twice. I have "rebooted" the car by disconnecting the positive battery terminal for the 12v battery. And I have tried charging from 3 different outlets at my house. None have rectified the problem. Also I have cleared the DTC codes multiple times, but once I plug back in the code returns. This is frustrating. My gut feeling tells me its some rather simple electrical problem that is easily fixed. I'm not excited about having to travel 3 hours to fix something that may only take the dealer 10 minutes to resolve.

#12 OFFLINE   DFoley

DFoley

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:13 PM

Unbelievable! Took this vehicle to Red McCombs West in San Antonio, TX (200 miles from my location) on Friday June 19th. After 4 hours their "certified electric vehicle technician" said he plugged it in and its charging just fine.  I then said, did you continue to monitor the status of the charging for a few minutes after you plugged it in. He says, "well the charging light came on." I said yes but if you wait a few minutes you will see it will stop charging and flash a fault warning and signal a DTC code. So he tries it again and says yes it wont charge, No #$@% Sherlock! This is what I told you to begin with! He plugs it into his computer and indicates a relay switch on the charging mechanism is the problem and it needs to be replaced. I said yes, I suspected this and already told the my service adviser (Jon Blay) this! Of course the part is not in stock so they will have to order it and I'll have to bring it back next week. So I leave being told they have ordered the required part and it will be in a few days, so I make a 7:00am appointment for Friday June 26 to have the part installed. Wednesday a check-up call to Jon, and he indicates to me the part has been shipped and should be here for Fridays appointment. A second check-up today (Thursday June 25 at 4:30pm, to ensure everything is still OK) reveals that in fact the part has not been shipped and is in fact on back order and they don't know when it will be available! Good thing I checked before I headed out on a 200 mile trip for nothing! I'm furious!!!! First of all the mechanics don't seem to know what they are doing and the parts department can't seem to figure out if they have ordered my part or not! I'm about to tell Ford they can have this car back and I'll go find another manufacture/deal who knows what they are doing...maybe Tesla!

#13 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

Unbelievable! Took this vehicle to Red McCombs West in San Antonio, TX..A second check-up today (Thursday June 25 at 4:30pm, to ensure everything is still OK) reveals that in fact the part has not been shipped and is in fact on back order and they don't know when it will be available! Good thing I checked before I headed out on a 200 mile trip for nothing! I'm furious!!!! First of all the mechanics don't seem to know what they are doing and the parts department can't seem to figure out if they have ordered my part or not! I'm about to tell Ford they can have this car back and I'll go find another manufacture/deal who knows what they are doing...maybe Tesla!

Hi DFoley,

I want to look into some additional assistance. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

#14 OFFLINE   DFoley

DFoley

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:36 AM

Here is a link to the part McCombs Ford West in San Antonio says they are trying to order. I’m being told multiple “on-line” requests for and about this part have been made but they are not getting any responses from Ford. Can one of the Ford Service members who monitor this board please assist me with this issue?

http://www.fordparts...ord&model=C-Max

#15 OFFLINE   DFoley

DFoley

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

OK...so it has now been 17 days since I started this saga. Still no fix in sight.  Essentially I have paid for a Plug-in car that does not have the capacity to be "pluged-in!" The car runs fine as a convientional hybrid...but that's not why I bought (and paid the up charge for) the Energi version. I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I am.  Ford Service technicians have repeatedly told me they have no idea if or when the necessary replacement part will become available, could be weeks or months...nobody knows. How do you feel I should be compensated by Ford with regards to this issue? Or how long would you wait before you tell Ford to take this car back and shove it up their *$%#!

#16 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A w. sun roof

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:46 AM

If I were in charge of customer satisfaction at that dealer and was unable to get the repalacement part in 3 weeks or so, I would canibailize the needed part from a new car on my lot to replace yours and then fix the canibalized car whenever the part came in.

Edited by Smiling Jack, 07 July 2015 - 07:24 AM.

#17 OFFLINE   DFoley

DFoley

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

Jack,

I have already suggested this resolution to both the dealer who sold me the vehicle and the dealer who is trying to repair the vehicle, both said they could not do such a thing, because then they are stuck (potentially for months) with a car they can not sell. Like you, I think this is a reasonable solution and quite frankly the "right" thing to do. Basically their actions and words indicate they would rather put off an old customer rather than loose a new customer. Why not! Hell they already got my money! I have been a loyal Ford customer for years (5 car/truck purchases in the past 12 years), but after the way I have been treated, and the lack information as to when this issue may be fixed, I'm seriously considering never purchasing another Ford product ever again...particularly any hybrid/EV vehicle!

Moreover, the FordService personnel who are supposed to monitor this Forum don't read, much less respond to my posts for their assistance.

Edited by DFoley, 07 July 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#18 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A w. sun roof

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:54 AM

Foley,

Thanks for the kind and full reply.  Sorry to trouble you with an idea you have alrady tried.

If I were in your position, I would be as angry as you are.

#19 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:39 AM

...Moreover, the FordService personnel who are supposed to monitor this Forum don't read, much less respond to my posts for their assistance.

Hi DFoley,

I was out of the office Thursday through the weekend, and I didn't see your most recent reply from Monday. Please allow a two business day turn around for replies. I'll be working on your case today.

Meagan

Edited by FordService, 08 July 2015 - 07:39 AM.

#20 OFFLINE   DFoley

DFoley

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:01 AM

Megan,
Thank you for any assistance you can give. If you can finally get this issue resolved I will definitely sing your praises to all.
Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·