Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

2" trailer hitch for 15 c max energi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vicsmart

vicsmart

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

Does anyone know if a 2" hitch is available for the 15 C Max Energi?

I know U Haul has a 1 1/4" but I have a bike rack that will only fit the 2". I looked at the adapter available and it appears my bike rack will wobble a lot using the adapter.

I'm in SoCal and won't be installing it myself.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,263 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

Hello and welcome to the site. :happy feet: 

There a few threads in this sub-forum dealing with bike hitches.  Here's a good one with info on 2 inch hitches:  http://fordcmaxenerg...and-warranties/

#3 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

I self-installed the TorkLift 2" Eco trailer hitch specifically to use for my bike rack and to use a cargo box.  Installation took around 10 minutes as they use the existing bolt holes for the muffler hanger, custom design each hitch per car model, no drilling required.  I would recommend you use a torque wrench to be sure not to over-tighten the bolts, and read the previous posting here on bending the metal tab out of the way.

20140924 075513[1]

#4 OFFLINE   vicsmart

vicsmart

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • My C-MAX:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX Energi

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

Thank you dontfret and fotomoto.

From a suggestion on the forum I found Precision Trailer Hitches in Sun Valley, CA. They will be installing a hitch for me on Monday morning.

I'll be sure to take some pics and report on the quality of the hitch and the installation.  

#5 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

If a shop is installing it, it's probably a drill into the frame to install a standard hitch mount.  The beauty of the Torklift is they custom make each model to fit the specific car using the existing muffler hanger bolts - no drilling, goes on in about 5 minutes (just unscrew old bolts, screw new longer bolts and hitch to frame, use a torque wrench to get the correct tightness - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN AND STRIP THE BOLT HANGER THREADS!.  Didn't need to jack up car, just lay on the ground on a carpet remnant.  Tell them to be real careful around the sensor for the liftgate, Torklift designed so the kick sensor works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·