Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

My Ford Mobile

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:31 AM

Dealer replaced the TCU module (DM5Z-19K350) today but MyFordMobile still cannot communicate.  Don't Ford technicians have a way to test the connection rather than have the customer try a variety of resets and reloads of MyFordMobile apps?  Seems to me that the technician should be able to troubleshoot the problem without the customer (me) trying to rule out software problems on my phone or computer.

That's a nice thought, isn't it?

Not from my experience.  Seems like the general dealer responses are to plug the car in and see if there are any error codes.  If not then whatever you think is a problem isn't really.

And if it involves anything online then the answer is frequently to just accept it not functioning or try asking someone at the website for help with your car.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   pureenergi

pureenergi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationBay Area, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi - White Platinum Metallic

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:45 AM

DO NOT UPDATE APP at this point - New 3.0.50 version of the app yesterday - I updated with a bunch of other app updates on iPhone and now I can't see any details about the car, app is super slow and buggy to set up/log in. For example, it takes over 10 seconds to go from log in with password to set up passcode screen. I was able to log in successfully because it does show my phone number under Account but no other first or last name info, and vehicle is not there.

I always see the "Difficulties Reaching Server" bar at the top of the screen. Tried yesterday and today. Left a 1 star review on the App store for this version. Sadly, this is typical of what I have seen from Ford. Love the car, loathe Sync and their mobile app.

#23 OFFLINE   pureenergi

pureenergi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi - White Platinum Metallic

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:52 AM

Just tried to call and their support center for the MFM website/app isn't open yet - number and hours of operation are below if you want to call and complain/get support. Also, when you call them for support, make sure you do prompts 1, 3, 2, 1 even though the last one is for the "My Ford Mobile website" as opposed to the app.

1-800-392-3673

11:30am-8:30pm EST

#24 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:03 AM

Ah, I see, I've got a new app(3.1) on Android with a new look.  But everything seems fully functional and at least as fast as it ever was. (reasonably so).

#25 OFFLINE   KeiJidosha

KeiJidosha

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi SG/LS w/ 303A

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

Got a request to update to V3.1 on android. Why does MyFord Mobile want access to my camera?

#26 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:14 PM

Got a request to update to V3.1 on android. Why does MyFord Mobile want access to my camera?

All the better to see you my child.  Bwwa waa waaa!!  JK - Actually it may be innocuous - Android apps that allow you upload a picture or text will require respectively camera or microphone as some messaging apps have integrated pictures or voice-to-text transcription.You can usually allow pemission during install if that is required, then disabled in security on the phone later.   I don't see where that is any of the screens now, the community news feed seems one-way, but perhaps they have plans or features to allow messaging to Ford. 

• KeiJidosha likes this

#27 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

Found this:

http://www.extremete...scapes-liftgate

Shows the sensor, I thought it was a single thing but apparently its two bars inside the bumper.  Check it out Chris.

Also glad you got your MFM working  :clapping:

-=>Raja.

I did some research as well when my bumper was replaced after a fender.  Raja, in addition to the bumper-horizontal sensor antennae and under bumper sensor, there's a pretty sophisticated 3-gate logic that has to work in sequence to open liftgate:  1. antennae sensors along length of bumper detect approaching shin 2. car registers keyfob approaching 3. sensor under bumper detects foot swinging by (or in my case occasionally, my hand removing bike rack from trailer hitch   :doh: ) So system can't be triggered by a cat running under the bumper, since that is only step 3.

#28 OFFLINE   astrand1

astrand1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationDetroit
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Me= 2014 C-Max Energi 302a, White platinum metallic. wife= 2014 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

DO NOT UPDATE APP at this point - New 3.0.50 version of the app yesterday - I updated with a bunch of other app updates on iPhone and now I can't see any details about the car, app is super slow and buggy to set up/log in. For example, it takes over 10 seconds to go from log in with password to set up passcode screen. I was able to log in successfully because it does show my phone number under Account but no other first or last name info, and vehicle is not there.

I always see the "Difficulties Reaching Server" bar at the top of the screen. Tried yesterday and today. Left a 1 star review on the App store for this version. Sadly, this is typical of what I have seen from Ford. Love the car, loathe Sync and their mobile app.

mine works ok on my iPhone 6s. It's a little slow when I first open it like maybe 2-3 seconds. But other than that it's much cleaner and better organized. Maybe you might try deleting and reinstalling the app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·