Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Ford to lay off 700 at Cmax assembly plant

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

I would be very surprised if Ford did not continue the PHEV in as many form factors (including the C-MAX, more practical than the Fusion), since essentially every other manufacturer is creating or expanding its PHEV power train offerings, generally as an option in its standard models (e.g. Chrysler's new Pacifica minivan, Hyundai's Elantra, and many others). I would expect, though, that Ford spends more time on battery shape and location in future models, making the PHEV option less of a tradeoff in terms of storage space than in the current C-MAX. For that matter, I would more expect Ford (and others) to drop their non-PHEV hybrids, since the gov't incentives for non-PHEV hybrids are largely gone, PHEVs act as hybrids once the high-capacity battery is depleted, and the manufacturers don't get nearly the boost for their fleet mileage averages from hybrids as they do from PHEVs. {Jonathan}

You make some good points, but I still think that the Fusion and Model E will likely be the banner carrier, and the C-Max will be discontinued.

I don't think that PHEV will take over hybrids. The hybrids bring up the CAFE, and current battery technology takes up too much room in the vehicle. If batteries continue to improve in size vs capacity, then perhaps they will move towards PHEV. But it is a lot more complicated to plug in a car than to just drive it.

• ptjones likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 336 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:12 AM

I'm a dreamer, but a BEV with two or four hub motors from http://www.proteanelectric.com/ would have lots more room inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·