Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

HVB Long term best practices

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   new2energi

new2energi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMidwest
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:Prius

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

Errr... I'm thinking maybe my math is wrong by a lot. I'm assuming someone has calculated the following already, but here goes:

Based on a recent odometer logging including 3 partial charges, the car reported 142 total miles and 62 "EV" miles, even though "pure" EV miles (battery charged from wall) had to have been around 45 (though I didn't measure) based on my typical miles/kWh in these conditions and total kWh discharged. So really there were 142-45= 97 hybrid (non-plug-in) miles. My "stealth EV miles" were 62-45 = 17.

Therefore, in hybrid mode approx 17/97= 18% of my total miles were "stealth EV miles." Applying that to my odometer reading of 82,000... that's 14,760 miles. 16,300 - 14,750 = 1,540 miles charged with an EVSE. 1540/4 = 385 full charges over 4 years, or 2 per week. Maybe this is more accurate...

Also, this was a fleet vehicle for 4 years... so that might explain it. Just a clueless purchasing agent wasting money on a giant battery that I can now enjoy with little degradation???

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 OFFLINE   bdginmo

bdginmo

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO
  • Color:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:15 AM

Errr... I'm thinking maybe my math is wrong by a lot. I'm assuming someone has calculated the following already, but here goes:

Based on a recent odometer logging including 3 partial charges, the car reported 142 total miles and 62 "EV" miles, even though "pure" EV miles (battery charged from wall) had to have been around 45 (though I didn't measure) based on my typical miles/kWh in these conditions and total kWh discharged. So really there were 142-45= 97 hybrid (non-plug-in) miles. My "stealth EV miles" were 62-45 = 17.

Therefore, in hybrid mode approx 17/97= 18% of my total miles were "stealth EV miles." Applying that to my odometer reading of 82,000... that's 14,760 miles. 16,300 - 14,750 = 1,540 miles charged with an EVSE. 1540/4 = 385 full charges over 4 years, or 2 per week. Maybe this is more accurate...

Also, this was a fleet vehicle for 4 years... so that might explain it. Just a clueless purchasing agent wasting money on a giant battery that I can now enjoy with little degradation???

You're not the only one to report that a fleet vehicle with high miles has a like new battery. It's likely the owner(s) did not charge on a consistent basis.

#63 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 220 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Color:Ruby Red
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:16 AM

Right; there was at least one report that someone's employer paid for the gas, but not the electricity, so the car was never plugged in for the life of the lease.

#64 OFFLINE   new2energi

new2energi

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMidwest
  • Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:Prius

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:42 AM

Right; there was at least one report that someone's employer paid for the gas, but not the electricity, so the car was never plugged in for the life of the lease.

Wow... well, that would appear to be a bit of a waste of a 7+kWh battery... good to know then I'm giving it some exercise!

If it currently has 385 cycles... I'll be adding 5/wk for the foreseeable future, hitting approx. 1,325 cycles on the vehicle by the time the 8 yr warranty expires.

I'll try to get some better data about the ratio of "stealth EV" miles vs. ICE when running in AUTO with 0 battery left. If anyone has discussed previously, please let me know! :)

#65 OFFLINE   JonC

JonC

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationTN
  • Color:Tuxedo Black
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

Ok, so I'm showing 27,798 EV miles, 91,734 total miles as of right now.  (Which I've been guesstimating at 92k today, so it's a bit under that.)  Former fleet car, a bit over 5.3kwh before it went into hybrid mode the last time I tested the battery.

I wish there was an easy to access cycle counter.  But this car seems to have been charged fairly regularly, about a third of the miles are EV, which makes sense for something that's been driven long distances somewhat regularly.  I'm probably at 2/3 EV since I've had it. but that's a wild guesstimate.

#66 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,467 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Color:Blue Candy
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi 302a with Moonroof

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:01 AM

John, I would say no, at 92k miles and only 27k EV miles it sounds like the car is not charged at all while a fleet car, or hardly ever.

I have 72k miles with about 42k miles EV and I use alot of ICE on highways plus I charge my car every time I go out.

-=>Raja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·