Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Radio Will NOT Turn Off (anyone else?)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

Hi altabrig,

Has the radio concern resolved itself, or been repaired since your last post? 

Meagan

Thanks for the link. 

So the master reboot in settings did nothing but erase the navigation system way-points and re-set the audio controls.  Still couldn't adjust the radio in anyway (volume, channel, audio settings) or turn off the radio.  It continued to play at lower volume (out of the center dash speaker) with the car off and doors locked after exiting the vehicle.

Removing the 15 Amp fuse 3 slots up in the 3rd column from the left did the trick.  I had entered one way-point as a test and the fuse removal and re-install did not effect the saved favorite nor did it erase my radio pre-sets.    Made me wish I had not first tried the master system re-boot.  At least the radio pre-sets weren't erased.  My guess is  the re-set did not work completely due to whatever software glitch is affecting the infotainment system.

Hope it is not going to recur.    If anyone else has this issue please post it.    Can't imagine what is occurring to cause the radio to 1)freeze completely and 2) continue to play at softer volume through one speaker despite the display (and all other accessories) shutting down and the other speakers not receiving power nor signal.   Weird.  Anybody care to hypothesize? 

Pulled the fuse.  Hope it doesn't recur.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

Pulled the fuse.  Hope it doesn't recur.

Thanks for following-up! Please keep me in the loop, should the symptoms return.

Meagan

#23 OFFLINE   jonatuna

jonatuna

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi 302

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:32 AM

This just happened to me. Radio still on after shutting off the car and exiting the vehicle. Couldn't change channels, adjust the volume, or make a call.

We had just returned from 2 1/2 weeks of vacation, and the car sat fully charged and unplugged in the driveway the whole time.

Puled fuse 79 which seemed to correct the issue.

'tuna

#24 OFFLINE   EvaB

EvaB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:38 AM

I just had the exact same problem.  Thanks, altabrig, for the excellent description of the symptoms and solution!  I left my radio like that for 4 days of activity and it did not fix itself.  I then pulled out fuse 79 and re-inserted it.  The radio went back to normal, and no radio presets or navigation information appears to have been lost.  I'm glad it was that simple to fix, but still a nuisance.  

#25 OFFLINE   outerdog

outerdog

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCupertino, CA
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:02 PM

We experienced this problem today for the first time.  We drive a 2013 C-MAX Energi.  Radio would not turn off.  Voice commands not working.  Unable to change volume or switch to a different channel.  I pulled fuse 79 after reading recommendations here.  We'll see if this solves the problem.  It was a very helpful write-up that folks here provided.

In order to access the fuses under the glove compartment, you will need to pinch the two black plastic nuts that grip yellow plastic ribbed pegs.  You will probably need a flashlight to see your fuses.  The fuse slots are not numbered.  However, a half dozen or more fuse slots are empty, and by mapping the empty slots that you see in the fuse box to the slots that your manual indicates are "not used", you will be able to find the 15Amp fuse in slot 79.  For those who don't know, the red plastic tool that pulls/inserts fuses is located on the underside of the engine-compartment fuse-box cover.  Again, that's the fuse box in the engine compartment.  Here's a video that helps you find that tool:  https://www.carcarek..._engine/replace

There's a plastic tab on the back of the engine-compartment fuse-box lid that you will have to feel for.  The fellow in the video says that you push on the tab.  I think you will actually need to pull up on that tab in order to get the lid off.

Edited by outerdog, 09 November 2017 - 02:06 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   Levi Smith

Levi Smith

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • PipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A W Panoramic Roof

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:12 AM

On my 2013 Energi, the fuses ARE labelled, but yeah you'll need a flashlight and keen eyes while possibly upside down to read the embossings next to each fuse.  and also try to figure out of the number is above or below which fuse you're looking for.

We experienced this problem today for the first time.  We drive a 2013 C-MAX Energi.  Radio would not turn off.  Voice commands not working.  Unable to change volume or switch to a different channel.  I pulled fuse 79 after reading recommendations here.  We'll see if this solves the problem.  It was a very helpful write-up that folks here provided.

In order to access the fuses under the glove compartment, you will need to pinch the two black plastic nuts that grip yellow plastic ribbed pegs.  You will probably need a flashlight to see your fuses.  The fuse slots are not numbered.  However, a half dozen or more fuse slots are empty, and by mapping the empty slots that you see in the fuse box to the slots that your manual indicates are "not used", you will be able to find the 15Amp fuse in slot 79.  For those who don't know, the red plastic tool that pulls/inserts fuses is located on the underside of the engine-compartment fuse-box cover.  Again, that's the fuse box in the engine compartment.  Here's a video that helps you find that tool:  https://www.carcarek..._engine/replace

There's a plastic tab on the back of the engine-compartment fuse-box lid that you will have to feel for.  The fellow in the video says that you push on the tab.  I think you will actually need to pull up on that tab in order to get the lid off.

#27 OFFLINE   hbridg99

hbridg99

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationmars
  • Current Vehicle:C-max

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

Confirming that pulling both the radio and instrument cluster fuses cured my 2013 C-max SEL with SONY radio of the "radio always on" problem.

Useful tools:

Small flashlight

Small thin-nose pliers or perhaps a small flat bladed screwdriver.

Manual or printout of fuse compartment.

Total time: ~15 min

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·