Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Just Found A New HVAC Vent!

hvac vents

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

Just a silly little post here. Yesterday, after 7 months of driving my Energi, I discovered that there were vents between the MFT and the manual HVAC control panel. They point only downwards, and had been turned off. I'm not sure I see the point of a vent that only heats/cools the lap.

I'm about 6 ft, and my driving position and height means that the vents were almost exactly parallel to my vision. I happened to notice the roller knob to turn it off. I suspect my wife turned it off some time or another; she is short and would have seen it quickly, and she is always cold and would have felt it.

Who knew?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Locationmaryland
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Chevy Volt / 2017 Volt / 2017 Bolt EV

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

Ha, I managed to find those vents within the first few days of ownership. ;) They seem like they wouldn't do that much, but in the summer I find that I get cooled down quicker with those vents blowing cold air on my lap....to the point that I sometimes actually close off those vents.

One of the main reasons the wifey agreed to lease our C-Max was because of the rear vent, of all things. Our Volt doesn't have any rear vents, and there have been times the kids has screamed bloody murder because they were too hot back there.

Edited by bro1999, 19 March 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   GS Dave

GS Dave

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:09 AM

I will not buy a car without rear vents....its a must if you have kids.

#4 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:36 AM

I will not buy a car without rear vents....its a must if you have kids.

Interesting point. When I first got my car I had a trip with my two teenaged nieces in the back. They started to complain about being hot. This was the first time I used the split temperatures controls to send more cool air to the rear. It made the rest of the trip more enjoyable for everyone. I will rate the split temperature control high on my requirements list in any future car. 

#5 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:27 AM

Interesting point. When I first got my car I had a trip with my two teenaged nieces in the back. They started to complain about being hot. This was the first time I used the split temperatures controls to send more cool air to the rear. It made the rest of the trip more enjoyable for everyone. I will rate the split temperature control high on my requirements list in any future car. 

Split temperature control? The C-Max has dual zones, but that is for the front seat. Am I missing something?

#6 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

I guess you are right. I did actually turn down the passenger zone. I never sit over there so when it helped the back seat I assumed it was front and back.  I never sit in the back seat either.

#7 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

I guess you are right. I did actually turn down the passenger zone. I never sit over there so when it helped the back seat I assumed it was front and back.  I never sit in the back seat either.

Makes me wonder if the back seat gets its temperature setting from the right hand side.

#8 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationOutside Atlanta GA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

I tried to turn off the passenger side once but it seemed to affect both sides, or I'm just not young enough to figure it out LOL. I did find those same "lap" vents just a couple months ago myself :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·