Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

#1 Driver In MFM

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

That's awesome Smiling Jack!  I just went there and saw you in the pole position, looks good!   :smile2:

Easier for me to do in the winter when I don't have long trips to head out for, in March I'll be going to AL at which point its impossible to stay in the top 10 in any of the categories.

-=>Raja.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 366 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A w. sun roof

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

That's awesome Smiling Jack!  I just went there and saw you in the pole position, looks good!   :smile2:

Easier for me to do in the winter when I don't have long trips to head out for, in March I'll be going to AL at which point its impossible to stay in the top 10 in any of the categories.

-=>Raja.

You might say it was a 3-way tie for first.  They list positions 1, 2, and 3 all at 100%.  I don't know how I got to be listed in first position ahead of others where there before me.  Maybe there's some rounding in the percentages shown and 100% merely means closer to 100% than to 99%.   By my own observations, I am at exactly 100% for the last 30 days. 

That may not last for long, though.  If a paying client calls and wants me to attend a meeting outside of my EV range tomorrow, you won't see me at 100% on Tuesday.

Edited by Smiling Jack, 01 March 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   GaryG

GaryG

Energi Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'09 FEHL, '13 C-Max Energi 302A

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

You might say it was a 3-way tie for first.  They list positions 1, 2, 1and 3 all at 100%.  I don't know how I got to be listed in first position ahead of others where there before me.  Maybe there's some rounding in the percentages shown and 100% merely means closer to 100% than to 99%.   By my own observations, I am at exactly 100% for the last 30 days. 

That may not last for long, though.  If a paying client calls and wants me to attend a meeting outside of my EV range tomorrow, you won't see me at 100% on Tuesday.

Sometimes I can be in 6th with 100% EV, and look the next day without driving my car for 4 days, that I jumped to #1. Who knows what's going on.

Gary

#24 OFFLINE   GaryG

GaryG

Energi Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • Current Vehicle:'09 FEHL, '13 C-Max Energi 302A

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

I can see now that Gas Sipper in MFM says the last 30 days.

Gary

#25 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:23 PM

I can see now that Gas Sipper in MFM says the last 30 days.

It always said that Gary.  Used to be more "accurate" in the fact that after 30 days it rolled over continuously to your highest miles drive in one ignition cycle within the last rolling 30 day window.  When I was driving EV at the time, I would see my longest EV trip, somewhere between 30 and 33 miles.  If you went on a long trip, filled the tank and drove off, technically speaking you might get 600 miles + 1 charge on the EV battery so maybe 630 miles if you're good, or in the 500's if you're an average driver.  That being that you do the whole drive (burn the whole tank of gas) all in 1 sitting or 1 ignition cycle.  So 600's range was the most anyone could ever get.

Then some people complained about the definition of gas sipper and why doesn't it include all the possible EV miles enough that Ford went and changed it back in September of last year.  Now it accumulates all the miles driven in many ignition on/off cycles and adds all EV miles so its not based on your range of you gas tank.  Theoratically you could get 10k miles or more in gas sipper, as long as you keep recharging and going again and again without using up all the gas.  The "last 30 days" was never removed and doesn't apply any more.  All of them were originally "the last 30 days" and all still apply except for "gas sipper" due to changes from Ford Customer requests.

-=>Raja.

#26 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:30 AM

I have always wondered why they did not remove the 'Last 30 days' verbiage on the Gas Sipper page. It has taken me 3 months to climb back to #25 in region 8 with 2071 miles on this tank of gas. This run will end as I will need to fill up soon. I am surprised that I did so well over this winter. 

Tom

Edited by Tom_NC_1, 02 March 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#27 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

Yeah Tom, its a little deceiving for those that don't know the history of it.  Brake regen on the other hand is very easy to see, if you drive every day, the regen braking gets add from yesterday and the regen braking from 30 days ago gets subtracted (drops off).  If you don't drive your car for a day or two, every day you don't drive you see the brake regen miles get less and less.

The EV ratio looks back 30 days, so if you run the engine for a short period, it will take 30 days for that to fall off for you to go back to 100% EV ratio.  Same idea with the driving score on Renaissance man.

-=>Raja.

#28 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:07 AM

I'm starting to think of the these leaderboards as being like the Billboard hit record charts:

The first goal is to merely get onto the charts.

The next is to see how high you can get.

If you make it to number one, then the challenge is to see how long you can stay at number one.

#29 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

There you go Jack!  In the winter I think you can stay at #1 in both EV ratio and Renaissance man easily.  If you fill the tank after the last trip in the fall, by spring you can also be #1 in gas sipper :)

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 02 March 2015 - 10:29 AM.

• Smiling Jack likes this

#30 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

There you go Jack!  In the winter I think you can stay at #1 in both EV ratio and Renaissance man easily.  If you fill the tank after the last trip in the fall, by spring you can also be #1 in gas sipper :)

-=>Raja.

Thanks for the encouragement, but I think that EV Ratio is the only category in which I'm likely to be highly ranked.

Unless I have a major change in my commute distance, I'll never do enough total miles to have enough regen braking miles.

I might be able to get on the board in Gas Sipper in my region if I drained the tank, but I usually fill up at between half empty and 2/3 down. 

And I simply do not do enough driving under controllable conditions to hone or practice my drivng skills for a really high driving score.

I guess I'm the plug-in equivalent of a "one-trick pony."

#31 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:03 PM