Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

#1 Driver In MFM

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GaryG

GaryG

Energi Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'09 FEHL, '13 C-Max Energi 302A

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

Just recently, I was accused of not being #1 is gas sipper, and # 1 in Renaissance Man in MFM. I am #1 in EV Ratio more times. I offered that the cause was I was so close to 1/4 of a tank, MFM and my NRG computer must have been resetting adding gas. I stated sloshing of gas in the tank over 1/4 of a tank must be the reason. I was made front of this by rbort. He accuses me of being rude, but he is the one that's rude.

In reality, I haven't added gas since my dealer fill-up, so no one is close to 8,800 miles since May of 2013, That would put me 3,000 miles over the present leader in gas sipper, and well over the record Renaissance Man also. That's why rbort can never except the truth and allow me to be the leader of MPG and MPGe in the '13 C-Max. I had no goal in being #1, so I didn't question MFM before now. The fact is, you can't question a lifetime average of what I posted, and the lifetime mileage I posted.

Gary

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Kermit

Kermit

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi, Candy Blue!

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

It's interesting to me how important this is to you. You clearly go above and beyond everybody else here to only drive your C-Max on EV (and by your own admission, above and beyond other drivers who use MFM), even at the expense of using more gas to drive your other vehicle than you would use if you drove your C-Max for your longer-distance trips. It just makes me wonder...what is your motivation? Do you simply want to see what you can achieve, EV-wise, with your C-Max? Are you going for bragging rights? Are you trying to challenge yourself to get the highest percentage of EV miles you can? It's an honest question...I'm genuinely curious what motivates you to drive your car differently than the rest of us. (I'm a researcher by nature and by trade, and I really like to understand people and what motivates people to do the things we do.)

#3 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:20 PM

Hey Gary, I remember you saying:

Raja, I don't drive to make that silly score on MFM. 

and I went and found this exact quote from you above.  Now all of a sudden the tune is changing and its getting more important?

Well, here are my scores in the files attached below, I'm sure you'd love to see them  :wink:

While yes you have #1 in EV ratio, you're not in the top 10 in any of the other ones.  Never been there, the P&G must really give you a bad score for renaissance man, I asked to see your driving score out of curiosity, remember?

You were not accused of not being #1, you were told you weren't.  Its either you are or you are not.  Its there for everyone to see.  I was surprised you were not actually, I fully expected you to be since at one point I was #1 in all 3 categories except for the braking one.  

The thing about your computer resetting because your fuel is sloshing at 1/4 tank I'm afraid to say in your own words, "you're wrong!"  The reason you didn't get logged all the EV miles is the MFM application was upgraded as I told you back last September due to people's complaints to count more than the longest ignition on trip.  Its hard for you to go anywhere far on EV, so it will be a looong time before you can get #1 in gas sipper, but the good news is that eventually you will, its like the turtle and the rabbit race, you're always going, but slow as molasses.

Sorry, yes, you are very rude.  I read back several different posts and I saw you barking at many people.  You even asked Doug if he went downhill when he did that 44 EV mile trip (I didn't even notice that before because I didn't think anything of it), but when I asked Tom a similar question you barked at me and said I insulted him.  How can that be?  You certainly didn't think you insulted Doug when you asked, did you?

You have proven that you can drive EV only on a car designed to be driven both EV and ICE trips.  EV is great around town but when you need to go the distance the engine that you bought with the car is very handy as well and gets good performance in hybrid mode.  I use it all the time on long trips, and use EV all the time when I'm here during the winter.  You choose to use EV only in that car, ask to have the dealer gas drained, drive the 28mpg car over the 43mpg car so as to not upset your "high" mpg numbers with the Cmax.   The only thing that is proven to me is that you indeed bought the wrong car, the Ford Focus Electric would have been a much better fit for your needs, and you could boast about your 100 mile trips on battery and not have to cart around a dead engine all the time in the Cmax.  Your most ideal and best logical choice would have been to give the Cmax to Kyle and get yourself a new car of your choice, whether it be the Focus Electric or a Tesla or something EV that you like.  The Cmax while a great car just limits you too much with is range since the engine is dead to you.

When you say:

and well over the record Renaissance Man also

No you will never get that, not the way you're driving P&G right now. Check your MFM scores, maybe post them here if you are comfortable with that -- like I said, I'd be interested to see what you're scoring with your P&G technique.

I am not questioning your lifetime MPG numbers.  All I said is that your "accomplishment" is not difficult to do, its just everyday driving and anyone can do it as long as they limit their driving experience to EV only.  Your P&G skills are not necessary to achieve high MPH numbers, I haven't used much gas this year at all and I've already beat your numbers, so far for 2015 I've burned 0.12 gallons of gas and have gone 670 miles, that gives me 999.9 mpg so I got you beat this year-- see what I mean?  Does that make me better than you?  Of course not.  You'll say but your lifetime average is higher than mine, and I'll say sure it is, but I traveled the country with my car, and you were stuck around Jupiter, FL for the most part except for that painful trip with the kids to burn some stale gas that the dealer couldn't drain out for you and give you in a jug to put in your other vehicle.

I do hope you make #1 in all categories but I find it next to impossible for me to get #1 in braking, unless you're riding the brakes or stuck in traffic constantly, I think its hard to come by.  I have confidence you will eventually get #1 in gas sipper.  I might take you a couple of years to build up your total miles traveled, but don't add any gas and you will get there.  For renaissance man, if I'm doing it then you can definitely do it but you have to change your P&G habit to something else that works.  What you're doing now is not working towards that score.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 21 February 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   edweird

edweird

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 182 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

I have been the #1 Driver for Ratio Champ in Region 8 a couple of times, by virtue of sometimes going 2-3 months of nothing but EV driving.  In this region anything lower than 98% doesn't get you in the top 10.  In some other regions the same percentage would be good enough for #1.

Some of the awards which are distance related are always going to be beyond my means to achieve top 10 based on my lifestyle.

Lastly I have used the instrumentation in the car to try and learn how to maximize the EV range I can get out of a charge at the same time as driving the speeds I want to, and not to maximize the driving scores I see by driving slower than I want to.

#5 OFFLINE   GaryG

GaryG

Energi Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

It's interesting to me how important this is to you. You clearly go above and beyond everybody else here to only drive your C-Max on EV (and by your own admission, above and beyond other drivers who use MFM), even at the expense of using more gas to drive your other vehicle than you would use if you drove your C-Max for your longer-distance trips. It just makes me wonder...what is your motivation? Do you simply want to see what you can achieve, EV-wise, with your C-Max? Are you going for bragging rights? Are you trying to challenge yourself to get the highest percentage of EV miles you can? It's an honest question...I'm genuinely curious what motivates you to drive your car differently than the rest of us. (I'm a researcher by nature and by trade, and I really like to understand people and what motivates people to do the things we do.)

I own the Explorer for a number of reasons such as pulling my boat, having 7 passenger seating, hauling large items, a second car for my wife, and having a big vehicle that's good on gas on the highway. In the '11 Explorer, Ford used a new highly efficient A/C compressor, so using it on the highway in the hot summer also makes sense to me. My wife works 4.2 miles away, so she doesn't put a lot of miles on the Explorer. 

I've owned 2 FEH's and now own 2 NRG's, and hypermiled all four of them and the Explorer since new.  All my cars have SGII's so I can burn the least amount of gas as possible. Even my boat has high efficient Honda gauges and a Honda 150 four-stroke to save gas and pollution. Needless to say, I hate Big Oil. My Son who drives the '15 NRG, has also never bought gas for it. There is no competition, other than ourselves and Big Oil.

To me, the NRG gets shitty MPG in Hybrid Mode, compared to my FEH's with bigger engines with a heavier vehicle. My '09 had a lifetime 53.9mpg when I sold it for this '13 NRG. My best tank was 65mpg going 884 miles with 13.6 gallons of gas: http://www.cleanmpg....S)&viewcar=2612

Gary   

#6 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

To me, the NRG gets shitty MPG in Hybrid Mode, compared to my FEH's with bigger engines with a heavier vehicle. My '09 had a lifetime 53.9mpg when I sold it for this '13 NRG. My best tank was 65mpg going 884 miles with 13.6 gallons of gas: http://www.cleanmpg....S)&viewcar=2612

Gary   

Just a note on the weights. I don't know about your 2009 FEH, but my 2008 FEH weighed in at around the same as the Energi, 3800 lbs. The engine was larger, as you state. Not sure anymore, the various sites put the 2009 in between 3600 to 3800 - the FEH may have been lighter.

#7 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:58 PM

Whoops, 2nd place now....

In reality, I haven't added gas since my dealer fill-up, so no one is close to 8,800 miles since May of 2013

Just came across this guy (link below post #32), he's got you beat two fold, twice the miles as you, burned less gas than you at 12.15 and he's got a higher MPG/MPGe rating:

"Fuel Economy: 138MPGe or 999.9MPG"

Not too many of you solely EV guys out there, but this guy apparently drives mostly EV like you.

http://www.fordfusio...-get-gas/page-2

He is in the same region 8 as you Gary, Fusion Energi, top #1 in gas sipper at 5574 miles, tied with you at #1 for EV ratio (however he said he is going a trip with the ICE so he will fall off that list), and ranking 5th in Renaissance man at driving score of 96.  That's the guy you're trying to catch.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 25 February 2015 - 07:03 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:22 AM

Whoops, 2nd place now....

Just came across this guy (link below post #32), he's got you beat two fold, twice the miles as you, burned less gas than you at 12.15 and he's got a higher MPG/MPGe rating:

"Fuel Economy: 138MPGe or 999.9MPG"

Not too many of you solely EV guys out there, but this guy apparently drives mostly EV like you.

http://www.fordfusio...-get-gas/page-2

He is in the same region 8 as you Gary, Fusion Energi, top #1 in gas sipper at 5574 miles, tied with you at #1 for EV ratio (however he said he is going a trip with the ICE so he will fall off that list), and ranking 5th in Renaissance man at driving score of 96.  That's the guy you're trying to catch.

-=>Raja.

Raja,

Not really fair to compare the fusion and C-Max. The fusion is more aerodynamic.

#9 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

Could be Steve, but Gary is more of a hypermiler than that guy I'm sure.  If you're referring to the guy's MPG numbers, its because he has driven EV only for close to 18k miles or whatever he said and used very little gas, less than the dealer's tank as of that post.  Maybe he would have charged less often than in the Cmax (due to aerodynamics), but Gary can match that with his high miles per charge in EV only modes.

-=>Raja.

#10 OFFLINE   GaryG

GaryG

Energi Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

Raja,

Not really fair to compare the fusion and C-Max. The fusion is more aerodynamic.

No, it's fair to compare the Fusion Energi to the C-Max Energi. What is not fair, is to lye to this board and take my post out of context. This guy constantly BS this board. Fusion Energi added gas at 5574 miles according to MFM Gas Sipper. I stated I have never added gas for over 8,000 miles since my dealer fill-up. This guy only posted only part of my post to screw with this board and me. That;s what he can only do.

Gary

#11 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

Gary, are you accusing that guy of lying now?  Read his post, he never added gas until he and his wife needed to take a trip.  Seems like to you everyone is just lying all the time.  Let me quote him for you:

Well, I almost made it to 23 months without adding gasoline.
The Energi said I had 20 ICE miles left before we left to go on a trip. We filled up the Energi for the very first time on Feb 22nd 2015. We have 17,900 miles on the Energi and 17,500 of those miles are EV miles. Added 12.15 gallons 

Also, remember how I told you that since MFM was changed back in September that's when it started logging all the miles instead of the last 30 days longest ignition cycle?  Well, read this guy's post I'll quote it to you, he agrees with me 100%:

I was in the top of the gas sipper, region 8, not sure about now.
The gas sipper was messed up for awhile and just got fixed a few months ago. Even after the fix the website only showed me having over 5k. When they fixed the gas sipper is when it started counting miles.

Its the same reason why you only have 1300 or there abouts (don't quote me on that) now in MFM gas sipper as it is how far you have driven EV only since September.  There are no 2 ways about it, this guy got you beat, but you like competition so I was telling you so you have some goal to accomplish now and catch up to him.

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 25 February 2015 - 08:44 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:04 AM

rbort, why do you do this. It seems to me that the only reason you point this out is to antagonize Gary. If he's concerned about this, let him seek it out. By the way, I believe he was accusing you of lying. I don't think your a liar, but I do believe your posts are embellished based on what you think rather than what you know.

#13 OFFLINE   Kermit

Kermit

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi, Candy Blue!

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

Geez...I was excited about going over 18 HUNDRED miles on a tank... and this guy's going nearly 18 THOUSAND. Good for him. I'll never hit anything close to that because of the places to which I need to drive, but I'll be pleased if I get close to 2,000 miles per tank. Beats the heck out of the 300 miles per tank I got on my previous car.

#14 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

Tim:

I don't know why Gary does what he does.  Since a while back all he does is throw insults out, you're wrong! you're a liar! you're stupid! you know nothing!, etc.  I tried to leave him along but he can't help himself, keeps coming back with more insults.  The most recent one was my post about the digital sign, I didn't say anything to him there yet he threw out 3 insults in short order.

He's always raving on how he's got 500mpg or 135mpge and I just said to him anyone can do that its not anything special, just drive EV all the time.  I told him his skills are hypermiling and getting 40 miles per EV charge, that's special.  Lately I found this guy who did 18k miles on less than a dealer's tank.  So I pointed it out to Gary to back up what I said.  Anyway, I'm going to try to leave him alone again, ignore what he says and let's hope for the best.  I apologize if I stood up to some of his claims, let's make this a better place.

And speaking of that, can you explain to me "your posts are embellished based on what you think rather than what you know" more?  I try to always keep it real and give the best knowledge I have, I enjoy this car like everyone else and spend alot of time and effort here trying to help people, if I'm doing something wrong I'd like to understand what it is you mean.  Maybe show me some examples of what you mean?

Thanks Tim,

-=>Raja.

#15 OFFLINE   GaryG

GaryG

Energi Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

rbort, why do you do this. It seems to me that the only reason you point this out is to antagonize Gary. If he's concerned about this, let him seek it out. By the way, I believe he was accusing you of lying. I don't think your a liar, but I do believe your posts are embellished based on what you think rather than what you know.

That's right, we don't know if Fusion Energi added to a dealer filled tank, or an additional gallons he added on top of that. I use the factory gas, and dealer gas to give the correct lifetime MPG and MPGe of the car. It seams, Fusion Energi added gas at 5574 miles ago, I've never added gas to the dealer fill for 8,500 miles, and. I've  posted that data from my dash readout in a lifetime MPG and MPGe. I've not seen that of Fusion Energi. Rbort needs to come clean!

Gary

#16 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Region:Sub-Saharan Africa
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Energi x 2

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:34 AM

That's right, we don't know if Fusion Energi added to a dealer filled tank, or an additional gallons he added on top of that.

Gary

No, that was the original tank and went for 23 months and I think 17K miles, but it only logged just over 5K after they fixed the gas sipper portion on MFM.

http://www.fordfusio...et-gas/?p=19405

#17 OFFLINE   GaryG

GaryG

Energi Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:52 PM

No, that was the original tank and went for 23 months and I think 17K miles, but it only logged just over 5K after they fixed the gas sipper portion on MFM.

http://www.fordfusio...et-gas/?p=19405

So, you are not Fusion Energi, and you don't have any dash Lifetime photos to share?

Gary

#18 ONLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

Here are the photos you seek Gary:

http://www.fordfusio...ime-summary-08/

This one is at 12k miles and right after they applied TSB 14E02 which clears the regen miles.  Read his text below the pictures it explains how much he had before the reset.

And here is the last picture he took that you're interested in:

http://www.fordfusio...ime-summary-09/

You need to add 1913.4 regen miles to get the true total of (1913.4 + 849.4) 2762.8 miles.

Hope this helps.  Its all there in his gallery, click on photos when you visit the user Fusion EnergI.

Best regards,

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 28 February 2015 - 07:08 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Region:Sub-Saharan Africa
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Energi x 2

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:39 AM

So, you are not Fusion Energi, and you don't have any dash Lifetime photos to share?

Gary

No that's not me, it's one of the occasional posters on the FFE forum.

#20 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 366 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A w. sun roof

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

In case anyone is wondering who drives "Sterling," 'tis myself.

We hit the top of the EV Ratio leaderboard in Region 4 today.

In Region 4, there always seems to be one or more at 100% at the top of this board; so, making #1 requires an entire month of nothing but EV.  Although I often do go a few weeks without needing to go outside my EV range, I rarely go an entire month.  In February I did, however; So here I am at #1.

Kind of fun for an old boy.  The last time I was at first place at anything I was a teenager.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·