Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Occasional double tap sound and feel from driver footwell: slow speed braking.

brakes tapping

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 533 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Honda Clarity PHEV

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

I have noticed lately when traffic is bad, that at slow speeds, (under 20 MPH,) when I hit the brakes, occassionally there is a double tap that can be heard and felt through the floorboard of the driver footwell.

Anyone experience this, or can anyone please advise?

TIA

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOutside Atlanta GA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

That's about the same speed I feel as if my brakes are a board, then they even out. Dealer didn't feel anything when I was in for my airbag light.

#3 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 533 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:19 AM

That's about the same speed I feel as if my brakes are a board, then they even out. Dealer didn't feel anything when I was in for my airbag light.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by "my brakes are a board," but I can feel like someone's tapping on the floor because I can feel it from the floor on my feet!

#4 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOutside Atlanta GA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:06 AM

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by "my brakes are a board," but I can feel like someone's tapping on the floor because I can feel it from the floor on my feet!

It literally feels like my brake is a piece of wood, hard, like it hits something hard and then it's ok. At that same speed 20 mph. I just found it interesting it's the same speed. hmmmm

#5 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

Energi Member

• 533 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:06 AM

It literally feels like my brake is a piece of wood, hard, like it hits something hard and then it's ok. At that same speed 20 mph. I just found it interesting it's the same speed. hmmmm

The pedal feel on ours is fine.  I'm afraid on ours it occurs when it's under 20 mph.  (It is kind of hard to watch the speedometer and drive in bad traffic in Los Angeles at the same time so I can't specify a more specific speed, besides the fact that it doesn't always occur.)

I should have taken a look underneath to see if I couldn't see anything, almost afraid I'd find some kind of animal or something because the tapping is so real, but I'm afraid I've had a lot of other things on my mind.  I'm hoping my wife is able to get an appointment this week at a different dealership to take care of the Emissions recall, look into this tapping, squeaking in the rear, My Ford Mobile not working, and what seems to be a decreased battery range.  She was hoping to wait for the Supplemental restraints recall to be ready for those that do not have an airbag warning light on, to have it done at the same time as the Emissions recall, but too many things happening to the vehicle to wait any longer.

EDIT:  That symptom sounds like a brake master cylinder about to fail.  (Most likely it is a warranty item.)

Edited by jzchen, 26 January 2015 - 08:31 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brakes, tapping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·