Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Liftgate Latch

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   viajero

viajero

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

After just over two years with my C-Max, I had my first problem last week.  The liftgate wouldn't close all the way.  It would close but the little motor wouldn't pull it all the way shut.  It looked like the latch was in the proper position.  A thread on the C-Max hybrid forum and the dealer service person agreed.  It would need a whole new latch assembly.

Liftgate Latch

The dealer where I bought it never returned my call.  On the hybrid forum someone recommended Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown, so I took it there.  They replaced the latch, did all the outstanding recalls/updates from the last two years, and fixed a seat belt socket which I had broken at no charge and in a day and a half.

So, big shout out to Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown (way north Austin).

• SSE and Kermit like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:37 PM

After just over two years with my C-Max, I had my first problem last week.  The liftgate wouldn't close all the way.  It would close but the little motor wouldn't pull it all the way shut.  It looked like the latch was in the proper position.  A thread on the C-Max hybrid forum and the dealer service person agreed.  It would need a whole new latch assembly.

The dealer where I bought it never returned my call.  On the hybrid forum someone recommended Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown, so I took it there.  They replaced the latch, did all the outstanding recalls/updates from the last two years, and fixed a seat belt socket which I had broken at no charge and in a day and a half.

So, big shout out to Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown (way north Austin).

My hatch wouldn't close automatically; it kept springing back up and I had to close it by hand. I looked it over later and found that almost the entire rubber gasket around the back was off, and when it closed it kinked up and triggered the safety. I think the dealer may have left it off after maintenance, although I'm not sure why they would have even touched that. Easier fix than yours!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·