Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

A little pissed at dealer service

gas cap cover

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Brian Hopkins

Brian Hopkins

• C-MAX Energi Facebook
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

So, about a month ago, the fuel door would no longer close. At the same time, I could barely fuel it, because it would not accept a high velocity stream of gas....if I slowly put gas in, it would work.

An engine light also went on. So, I finally took it in.

Took ford 4 days, but they did supply me with a loaner (mind you - took me 90 min to get a car....a local rental car co had to pick me up....yada, yada...)

They repaired everything, and "as a courtesy" put the gas cap issue as a warranty item but inferred that we broke it. I've been filling cars for 35 yrs+, and this is the first time an issue like this (or any gas cap or filling issue) has happened to me. Bottom line - this was/is a design defect or part defect....the inner flap must have broken off and wedged itself in the filler neck.

Anyway - fine...but, the fix is half-assed...take a look (attached).

Ford service if your monitoring - please contact me.

Attached Files

Edited by Brian Hopkins, 26 October 2014 - 04:18 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,212 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

I edited your title from "Ford" service to "dealer" service because that's where your issue lies.  

#3 OFFLINE   campngolf

campngolf

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationNorCal
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

I edited your title from "Ford" service to "dealer" service because that's where your issue lies.  

Just curious why the title change. If this service was performed at an authorized Ford dealer by Ford mechanics who perform Ford warranty service, wouldn't that be considered "Ford Service"? The service wasn't done at a Nissan "dealer" or a used car "dealer". Just askin'.

And Brian, 4 days does seem too long for the repairs.

• miboje likes this

#4 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

Just curious why the title change. If this service was performed at an authorized Ford dealer by Ford mechanics who perform Ford warranty service, wouldn't that be considered "Ford Service"? The service wasn't done at a Nissan "dealer" or a used car "dealer". Just askin'.

And Brian, 4 days does seem too long for the repairs.

I think the title change is appropriate. Dealers are independent franchisees of Ford; each one can provide different service (good or bad). That is not Ford's fault.

#5 OFFLINE   outerdog

outerdog

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCupertino, CA
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

This repair was not done right.  Take it back and ask them to do it right.  You should name the dealer here.

By the way, Brian — you say that your fuel door wouldn't close.  I assume that you mean the painted fuel filler door that swings open when you press the fuel button on the instrument panel.  I assume that they fixed it for you and that it closes now.  Did they tell you why the fuel door wouldn't lock when you pushed it closed? 

About the engine warning light — I'm driving around right now with my fuel door open because it won't lock shut.  Same problem you had, if I understand you right.  My engine warning light ("Service Soon" warning light) is also on, and I assume that is simply because I am driving with the fuel door open.  While I do want to get that fuel door fixed, I don't think an open fuel door rates a Service Soon warning light.  Incidentally, I'd like to know who your dealer is, because I sure don't want to go there.

Edited by outerdog, 30 October 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 450 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

contact ford customer service before contacting the dealer again.

#7 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

So, about a month ago, the fuel door would no longer close. At the same time, I could barely fuel it, because it would not accept a high velocity stream of gas....if I slowly put gas in, it would work.

Ford service if your monitoring - please contact me.

Even with an Energi, fuel issues can be annoying, maybe even more so. Are you able to fuel it now, Brian Hopkins?

I'll document your experience and see which steps need to be taken next. Please PM me your VIN, contact number, and dealer info.

contact ford customer service before contacting the dealer again.

Thanks for suggesting us, komondor. :)

Rachel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·