Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Flipped my driver's headrest around...way more comfortable now

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kermit

Kermit

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 288 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi, Candy Blue!

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

Well, the title says it all. I was finding that the headrest was "pushing" my head further forward than what's comfortable for me (I have the same problem with airplane seats). So I took the headrest out, flipped it around, and put it back into the seat. It's immensely more comfortable now. The drawback is that it doesn't "snap" into place when it's flipped around, so there's only one height--all the way down. But that's okay with me, as I'm not that tall.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 1,645 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

Well, the title says it all. I was finding that the headrest was "pushing" my head further forward than what's comfortable for me (I have the same problem with airplane seats). So I took the headrest out, flipped it around, and put it back into the seat. It's immensely more comfortable now. The drawback is that it doesn't "snap" into place when it's flipped around, so there's only one height--all the way down. But that's okay with me, as I'm not that tall.

You are aware the headrests are adjustable. I'm not talking about height. The headrest pivots forward and back up straight.

Just pull it all the way forward and it will flip straight back up.

I've had to turn them around in my truck for my wife, but they aren't adjustable like the C-Max.

Edited by drdiesel1, 29 September 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   campngolf

campngolf

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationNorCal
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

I may have to give this a try. I noticed the angle of the headrest is a little off for me but I've been getting used to it.

#4 OFFLINE   Kermit

Kermit

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 288 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi, Candy Blue!

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

You are aware the headrests are adjustable. I'm not talking about height. The headrest pivots forward and back up straight.

Just pull it all the way forward and it will flip straight back up.

I've had to turn them around in my truck for my wife, but they aren't adjustable like the C-Max.

Yep. I tried all the settings...up, down, forward, back..none worked for me. The starting point was just too far forward for my comfort. When flipped around, it's completely flat and flush with the seatback.

#5 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2009 VW GTI, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

I'm with you there. Until I reversed the headrest, there was no way to relax and stretch my neck, placing my head where it's most comfortable without laying it against the headrest. That just transmits road shocks, bypassing my neck as shock absorber, and reminds me uncomfortably of sitting in a dentist's chair. But I just have that kind of posture, with an upright upper back that puts wrinkles in all my shirts behind the collar, too.

A lot of folks slouch their heads forward, and car makers seem to design for them. Volvo seats are worst for me, with headrests about four inches too far forward, completely unadjustable. I bet they get better crash test results with the dummies' heads right against the headrests, but I can't live that way.

#6 OFFLINE   sporkinum

sporkinum

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

My old Renault I had 35 years ago had a knob on the side to adjust the angle of the headrest. Never saw anything like it since.

1974-renault-gordini-17-interior.jpeg

Edited by sporkinum, 31 July 2017 - 07:08 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2009 VW GTI, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:06 AM

Your C-Max has something like that! The headrest is adjustable- it can be clicked forward, or moved back. I was having unwanted contact with it even at the back position. Reversed, it's perfect. The surface usually remains an inch or so behind my noggin.

#8 OFFLINE   pumafeet10

pumafeet10

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-max energi

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

just something to remember, the headrest should be forward for crash safety, it reduces the chances of whiplash and head injuries the closer the headrest is to your head.  I understand be comfortable but something to think about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·