Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Squeaking brakes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cream Puff

Cream Puff

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi 302A

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

I heard squeaking brakes this morning.  My car only has 300 miles on it.  Is this possible?

I thought I heard a squeak a couple days ago but assumed it was from a really old truck right by me.

This morning, it was just my car on the road.

I tried to duplicate the squeaking during my lunch time drive and didn't hear the squeak again.  Should I report it?

Will I be charged a service fee?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi 302A Pkg

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

I heard squeaking brakes this morning.  My car only has 300 miles on it.  Is this possible?

I thought I heard a squeak a couple days ago but assumed it was from a really old truck right by me.

This morning, it was just my car on the road.

I tried to duplicate the squeaking during my lunch time drive and didn't hear the squeak again.  Should I report it?

Will I be charged a service fee?

I'm not sure what is meant by "squeaking", but the dealer should be glad to look at it for free - you just got the car, and anything would be repaired by Ford corporate as part of the warranty, not by the dealer.

#3 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,150 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:27 PM

If you wash the car the rotors get wet and they rust and will squeak with the first few uses until you sand the rust off with the pads.

Generally the noise tends to go away like you experienced after a trip.  

Not sure what you have without looking at the car, but this might be your issue.

-=>Raja.

#4 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

Energi Member

• 1,261 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

Relax, this is a normal behavior for hybrids. :wink:  The brake rotors get much less use/abuse than regular cars because regenerative braking by the electric motor handles most of the stopping duties while also recharging your EV battery.  Cold rotors won't burn off moisture causing surface rust when allowed to sit for several hours in humid conditions (rain, washed the car, humidity, etc).  The noise is also more noticeable in EV's because our cars are just so darn quiet!    :worship:

If the noise continues after several stops, then take it in to be looked over.   Sometimes the parking brake sticks due to the same phenomenon. 

#5 OFFLINE   Cream Puff

Cream Puff

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi 302A

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

Thank you everyone!

#6 OFFLINE   YellowZx5

YellowZx5

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationStarksboro Vermont
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:30 PM

I don't have break squeaking but when I'm increasing speed there is one wheel that makes a noise. I brought the car in for the oil change and was charged $50 to knock rust off the rotor, but the noise just moved to another wheel. I am going to bring it in again and tell them to not charge me for something they didn't fix. I'm thinking it's the wheel. It stops when I break but slower increases in speeds totally have the noise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·