Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

cabin air filter

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArcadia, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Energi

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:22 PM

Try rotating the assembly counter clockwise.  Owner's manual has a picture of the orientation necessary.  You can't tilt for squat until you rotate.  It's pretty wedged under the bottom of the cowl.

• dontfret likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• 407 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:37 PM

My wife's is coming up on 40k miles.  I ordered a Fram Fresh Breeze CF11920 from the only place I found it available, eBay.  Waiting for it to be delivered.....

Was interested in Mann Frecious Plus, but alas not available for the C-MAX it seems....

#23 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• 407 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:50 PM

As an update my wife went over 40k yesterday so I swapped out the filter this morning.  Disconnected the battery negative cable, unplugged the 4 harnesses on the side closest to the filter, pulled out the old, and as carefully as I could with minimal deforming the new one got it in.  Seems like it might be a tad shorter left to right/width wise, but it's in.  Enjoyed the "clean" (hopefully not placebo effect) air smell, maybe a slightly diminished output compared to a new plain stock one.  (The Fresh Breeze has carbon and baking soda added.

#24 OFFLINE   David Moore

David Moore

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationCape coral, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi and Toyota camry 2002

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:24 PM

I am about to replace the cabin air filter. I've done it one last year so I should be able to do it in half the time. I did the one on my transit connect last week in a few minutes. The air on my c-max does not smell good at all when I start the a/c so I will be spraying everywhere I can with Lysol in the hopes I can get rid of the old gym bag smell. I bought the filter at my local Ford dealership. They charged $26.48 including tax. I think they made a profit.

#25 OFFLINE   jzchen

jzchen

• 407 posts
  • LocationArcadia, CA

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:38 AM

Im having a bit of a problem in changing the cabin air filter in my 2014 MKS. I cant seem to move the tabs at the bottom of the access cover door--they do not pull toward me at all, do they release in another direction, or how?? Dont want to break them off and I moist be missing something simple. Thanks.

There is a screw.  It is a Torx type.  I forget the size.  I did not have the correct size, but I used the next smaller size and it was able to "bite" just enough to remove it.  It's been a while, but I think you squeeze the tabs in.  (Sorry if I'm wrong about this, but I have many cars that I take care of and it's been about 6 months.  Car is currently at the dealer.  I could not pick it up yesterday because of other things, it's in the middle of the night and it's actually raining.  Can't go out and check....)

I am about to replace the cabin air filter. I've done it one last year so I should be able to do it in half the time. I did the one on my transit connect last week in a few minutes. The air on my c-max does not smell good at all when I start the a/c so I will be spraying everywhere I can with Lysol in the hopes I can get rid of the old gym bag smell. I bought the filter at my local Ford dealership. They charged $26.48 including tax. I think they made a profit.

Amazon has a good price on the OE one, last time I checked.  Swapping the filter usually helps.  I'm sure the Lysol will help as well...

#26 OFFLINE   dontfret

dontfret

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:27 PM

here's a great video of the whole process which I followed.   http://tinyurl.com/z4szftn 

This clearly shows how to remove the glove box, which I would recommend you follow the first time as this gives you the clearest access to the filter housing.  Once you see how it works you might skip that the next time.  Whole thing takes about 15 minutes in and out, hardest part is wiggling the folded filter in/out.  be careful when removing the door trim not to lose the inside clips, they tend to fly away into dark corners.

Edited by dontfret, 24 December 2016 - 03:32 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

I just did this today, I didn't find it necessary to remove the whole glove box, just did it like the guy did in the Philipino video.  

Too me almost 15 minutes watching that video before I figured out he was saying vacuum not "wet cream".  I had no idea what cream he was trying to use to clean up at first.  I just love that guy's accent...!!

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 24 December 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   altabrig

altabrig

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Cmax energi Oxford White 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

Great tips Tom.  With the two pin covers and 1 torx t-15.  Easy.  Mine just needed a vacuum.  A sprinkling of baking soda on the catch side and another vacuum.  Good as new.  Only place I can find the fresh breeze is Amazon.

AutoZone has an STP for $13.

In the process found that the silver center console trim had not been properly installed in one of the recalls.

DSCF4909
DSCF4908

It was one torx t-15 again (under the black trim piece that just pops out under the console cover) to release and a bit of pushing to get it flush.

Edited by altabrig, 01 July 2017 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·