Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

New Tires: Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Middleofnowhere

Middleofnowhere

Eating steak and making cows into Energi seats...

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationInland Empire, California
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

I've got about 5000 miles on the new tires so far.  Superior handling (cornering) to OEM Michelins. This tire is much more quiet.  The tire's aggressive tread seemed to handle our desert monsoonal rain real well too.

Since I drive 200+ miles per day, I am not in a good position to comment on fuel economy.  

I am very happy with the tire.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   powerextreme5

powerextreme5

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

Since your thread is over one and a half years old, just thought i mentioned that I've replaced my OEM  Michelins with the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max here in 2016. The car runs as if it were brand new. I had them installed on a tuesday and a major winter storm hit us wednesday, where I found myself on the expressway on very slippery road conditions. The tires kept the vehicle firmly in position and navigated the curves with ease. I'm pretty sure I made a great choice. 

#3 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan,GA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

I've got about 5000 miles on the new tires so far.  Superior handling (cornering) to OEM Michelins. This tire is much more quiet.  The tire's aggressive tread seemed to handle our desert monsoonal rain real well too.

Since I drive 200+ miles per day, I am not in a good position to comment on fuel economy.  

I am very happy with the tire.

Since your thread is over one and a half years old, just thought i mentioned that I've replaced my OEM  Michelins with the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max here in 2016. The car runs as if it were brand new. I had them installed on a tuesday and a major winter storm hit us wednesday, where I found myself on the expressway on very slippery road conditions. The tires kept the vehicle firmly in position and navigated the curves with ease. I'm pretty sure I made a great choice. 

It will be interesting to see what the difference in MPG's are with your new tire as compared to Michelin's. Tire Rack's test with Prius had Fuel-Max, 2 mpg less than Michelin.  Michelin's are very quite when new IMO and get pretty noisy when their used up. Getting ready to put my third set on with 128K mi.  I believe part of the reason for the noise from the tires is caused by poor alignment, I hope you got your alignment done when you replaced the tires.  BTW Fuel-Max tires are very noisy if your alignment is off for very long, 10k+ mi. from my experience with them on my Focus. :shift:

Paul 

#4 OFFLINE   powerextreme5

powerextreme5

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

Indeed. I did get a total alignment as the steering wheel was vibrating and the vehicle was pulling left (damn these michigan roads!) badly. Will report back on my MPG later. We just got hit with another massive snow storm yesterday (3/1/16) and I was in it. Again the tires (with careful driving) got me home without a single sliding incident. 

• ptjones likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·