Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

C-Max using Focus Sport Suspension

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FreeMiles

FreeMiles

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • LocationGermany
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

First off I just wanted to say I'm new to this forum and have already learned many great things about my NRG from the post here.

Anyways, I was doing some research and found that the CMax is based on the Focus platform. In my expirence just about every car that shares a platform also shares suspension components i.e. Sway bars, shocks, springs, etc... Does anyone know how our factory equipped suspension compares the the Focus' performance suspension (Not the ST but the upgraded suspension package for the non-ST Focus). I'm sure that our rear springs are much stiffer then The Focus' because of our 300lb battery in the rear. But all the other components, namely the sway bars and front suspension may be much better for handling on our NRGs.

Any thoughts?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   pumafeet10

pumafeet10

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-max energi

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:31 AM

I have thought the same thing and am looking into it currently as well, from what I have read the suspension is the same, but I may have to do some measurements and check.  I would love to upgrade the sway bars and shock/strut.  I know the mounting for the trailing arms is the same, so there are lots of options for caster/camber/toe correction.  The brakes are either regular focus or st, but those are interchangeable anyways.

I remember that eibach was making their r1 or r2 coilovers for the focus st, they are expensive but made in USA and the best on the market short of having custom one mades.

I will be looking into those parts asap

#3 OFFLINE   62Lincoln

62Lincoln

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:In Transition

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

Puma, I sincerely hope you will update this thread once you have looked into those parts. It would be awesome to know we have an option to upgrade to coilovers and Focus parts, should we be so inclined.

#4 OFFLINE   pumafeet10

pumafeet10

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:47 AM

found out that Eibach discontinued the r1 and r2 for the focus before they went into production, but apparently, according to Eibach, there are some sets out there, specifically fifteen52 has some, I have yet to get a chance to call them , but there are other models from eibach I will be looking at.  I know the rear sway bar is the same, as is the pick up points for the suspension, so there are all kinds of adjustment arms for alignment avaiable

#5 OFFLINE   bigyin

bigyin

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax Energi

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:01 AM

2013 Cmax Energi with 40,00 miles.Rattles going over bumps. Dealer had to install new sway bar links. Informed me this was common on this car and other smaller Ford cars like the Focus. Cost about $150 to fix and no more rattles.

#6 OFFLINE   pumafeet10

pumafeet10

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

Just did a quick look at fords parts website and the rear sway bar is the same part #, and according to the diagram the rear is exactly the same between the MY14 focus and c-max, which i have to say is really good news, as i knew our c-max is a stretched focus, and like most automakers they change the chassis and leave the suspension and pick up points alone

#7 OFFLINE   scott2353

scott2353

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationDhaka,bangladesh
  • My C-MAX:None
  • Current Vehicle:BMW

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:55 PM

aw.........so cool....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#8 OFFLINE   GTIguy

GTIguy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX Energi Titanium, 2014 C-Max Hybrid (daughter's car)

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:33 PM

Good news- keep us posted. The C-Max seems to have crisp handling and steering in normal driving, but the body lean is considerable. Coming from a GTI, I'd welcome a wee bit more stiffness. But I need that most in the seats. These Ford seats seem to have an inch or two of give, like an innerspring mattress. When g-forces start pushing my torso sideways, the seat back gives way and allows the torso to twist towards the outside of the turn. In the same situation, a VW's firm foam seat back blocks your back from twisting, even before the side bolsters do their work. 

So that seems to be the limit on the C-Max's handling prowess... unless you swapped for an ST seat, and probably lose function of the side airbags. Ideas, anybody?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·