Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Energi weather stripping problem(?) on front of rear doors

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   yeedk

yeedk

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationRichmond Hill
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

Mine was regularily rolling over on both sides.  I just warmed it up with a hair dryer and folded it back.  It is now evenly no touching the body.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   JeanLucBlue

JeanLucBlue

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX ENERGI

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

All,

The rubber stripping on the front of the rear doors has been fixed!!! This is where the rubber twisted after I would close the rear doors and have to run my finger behind it to pull it out. I heard more cars passing when it was twisted.  It turns out that they had to take it to the Ford Collision center to realign the rear doors. The service person said to make sure they take it to a collision center and not the just the ford dealer since aligning it is like you would do after an accident. It worked.

It no longer does it.

Thanks,

#23 OFFLINE   nmorrisii

nmorrisii

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationWashington DC
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Energi Titanium

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

My 2017 is just a few weeks old.  I noticed this on my passenger side rear door, the drivers side looks ok.  I ordered some silicon spray to apply as a preventative measure.

I am coming from a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid.  I might have sensitive ears, but I swear some noise is coming in around the back doors. If I were to give a subjective measure, I'd say 15% more outside noise is coming in from the back doors versus the front.

Either that or my old Ford Escape just had better sound protection, and I am still adjusting to the new car.

Update:  I sprayed the silicon spray on the post and left it wet, and open and closed the back door a few times, and then left it closed for a few minutes to absorb the excess where it touched. Then wiped up the excess from the pillar.  No more pinched stripping.  

Edited by nmorrisii, 28 March 2017 - 05:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·