Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Cost of charging 110v vs. 240v

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Mc2guy

Mc2guy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDMV
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Color:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective), I'm on VA Dominion Power, and have no TOU option that makes sense to me.  Fortunately, Dominion is relatively cheap. After your first 800kWh/month it's $0.079/kWh from May-September, and $0.06/kWh October-April.  Time of day is irrelevant.  A full charge on 120V is ~ 7.5 kWh at the outlet according to my Killawatt meter.  This is $0.45/charge or $0.0225/mile if you are getting 20 miles on a charge.

The down side is that Dominion offers a very limited and restricted net metering plan, so Solar is uneconomic in this state at a retail level despite the fact that production here would be 10-15% greater here than in MA and NJ, states with aggressive solar renewable portfolio standards.

If you are in a state that does not have a feed-in-tariff or SREC program (most don't), then solar will almost never pay off, even with the federal tax subsidy.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·