Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Another Failure -- Oh Boy

temp sensor ac air conditioning hot air blows hot

Best Answer mcgyver68 , 06 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

I had exactly the same problem after a car wash at the dealer after a service where the dealer had removed the passenger side mirror. Dealer thought they damaged the temp sensor in the mirror.  They replaced the mirror and all is well. The sensor is a little nub protruding from the bottom of the mirror.

I just shared this info with my dealer. Minds blown. The TSB yesterday, clearly did nothing to address this issue. And Mr. Admin; and anyone considering if the price of membership is worth it... ^^^ this right here ^^^, probably saved me at least at least ten-fold the cost of membership, in aggravation alone! A hearty thank you to ALL who have replied on this thread!!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Babirusa

Babirusa

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 44 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationMerced, California
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

Maxie has been through the car wash many times, with no problems until the other day. I noticed the outside temp was showing 72 degrees, which I knew was way off. I took a towel and dried off the bottom of the passenger side mirror, and within about 15 seconds it shot up to 92 degrees. If I hadn't seen this forum, i would have had no clue. Now I guess I will probably be getting a new mirror assembly in the future if it happens again.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   rhea

rhea

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 173 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOkeechobee, FL
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:01 AM

Two years later.... this has happened to me after dozens of washes with and without pressure washes. Symptoms: erratic outside temp readings from --- to -40 to 167 to 103. This morning before trying the hairdryer, it read 32. After hairdryer, 24. The AC has definitely been affected although we seem to get cool air once we're moving/traveling.

Just to check, the solution is to have the mirror/sensor replaced? Sometimes, the service center has trouble getting to the bottom of problems on our NRG so I'd like to be sure. I couldn't locate a TSB on this. Our vehicle is 40 months old (<37,000 miles) so out of basic warranty, but this should be covered by our extensive warranty. 

TIA

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: temp sensor, ac, air conditioning, hot air, blows hot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·