Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

No longer getting a full charge?

c-max batteries charging

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 499 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Locationmaryland
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Chevy Volt / 2017 Volt / 2017 Bolt EV

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

That was the job of the dealership. I find facebook works best for me for complaints. Hit Ford in the sales department with Facebook, and you will scare them into to taking you serious. I use the media also. Battery issues need attention, not excuses or denials.

Gary. .

Launching a social campaign on Google plus is also efdectice. I crucified Verizon on Google + when they totally screwed my account up, and I had a someone personally contact me to handle my case. It got resolved quick.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#102 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

I believe the HVB uses an air-cooling system pulling in outside air or air cooled by the AC from inside the cabin:  "http://articles.sae.org/11705/".  The Nissan Leaf also uses an air-cooling system.  Numerous Leaf owners from AZ, CA, and TX have reported up to 30% loss in range during the first year.  Obviously, air-cooling doesn't work well in the heat.  But the Leaf uses a different battery chemistry that is more susceptible to heat than the Energi.

HVB is air cooled and it is the inverter that uses the liquid cooling.

#103 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

Yep! I meant inverter coolant. Sorry for the confusion :wink:  I was stuck in battery mode :hysterical:

#104 OFFLINE   GaryG

GaryG

Energi Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • Current Vehicle:'09 FEHL, '13 C-Max Energi 302A

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Launching a social campaign on Google plus is also efdectice. I crucified Verizon on Google + when they totally screwed my account up, and I had a someone personally contact me to handle my case. It got resolved quick.

My wife is very active on Face Book and she started when Brandsmart would not repair our refrigerator under their warranty I purchased. A few post on face book brought them to their knees and they fixed it. Then, Rooms To Go refused to repair a sofa that the arm broke, same thing. They called and came out and took the sofa, repaired it, and brought it back fixed. I had changed Homeowners Insurance because our crooked Gov Rick Scott was making deals with my then Ins. Company. Little did I know, he was making deals with the Company I went with. That Company sent me a notice they were raising my premium because my home was worth $40,000 more than the evaluation of the other crooked company. Little did they know I had a license to sell all lines in the State before I retired, and they were way over estimating the value of my home. This started a war with me, but the Company wouldn't stop trying to screw me. With Face Book, I cut them up like chum and had them calling me to talk. They took off $36,000 of that value in no time.

I now find some of these companies can have your post on Face Book removed from their account, so in some cases you need to post on sites they have no control over like their competitors.

Gary   

#105 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

UPDATE:  

On Friday I finally heard back from a Senior Customer Service Manager at the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center.  This is after she had escalated this issue to a "Subject Matter Expert" at Ford.  The message back from this "Expert"  was "We cannot and will not answer your questions" that I originally posed about the battery capacity and degradation.  Instead, I was told that "the dealer unclogged the battery cooling filter and everything is now working properly."  This is not true, of course.  The dealer reconnected an inoperable vent door and unclogged the cooling filter, and nothing has changed.  The battery still will not provide more than 4.5kWh of capacity.  The representative said that Ford considers this matter closed.

Of course, I am extremely unhappy about this.  I am convinced that the battery is defective.  I asked if I could talk with someone else and the representative gave me the mailing address of the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center.  I intend to send a letter to this address, but I feel that it won't change anything.  

I have been a huge fan of Ford Motor Company and Ford vehicles my entire life and have owned more than 16 Ford cars, vans and pickups.  I really loved my C-Max and considered the engineering design, construction and style to be excellent.  I also have always been very happy with Ford service through my local dealers.  However, this is the first time I've had to go above my local dealer for a service matter and I'm about to drastically change my mind about Ford.  I may soon start flooding the C-Max Energi, Fusion Energi and Focus Electric forums with my story of severe battery degradation and no Ford support.

I would like to hear if anyone else has experienced this or a similar issue.  I may start a separate thread on the matter.  

Thanks to all who have contributed their ideas about this issue here.  Thanks to Ashley for hooking me up with the Customer Relationship Center.  

Crystal, as the new Ford rep on this forum, any ideas?

-RR

Any updates on this yet?

#106 OFFLINE   epstein

epstein

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C Max Energi, 2014 Honda Odyssey

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:05 AM

Bump. Any updates?

#107 OFFLINE   Zorglub

Zorglub

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCa
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax energi

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:56 AM

I have a 2013.cmax with 30k miles that I charge 2x a day most days on a level 2 charger and I am down to 5.1 KWh. There is no way that the battery is going to last the CA warranty at this rate of degradation. Too bad as I otherwise enjoy the car.

#108 OFFLINE   MidAugustSun

MidAugustSun

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-max Energi

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:10 PM

Hi RR,

I don't have the ability to escalate beyond the customer service manager (CSM) level, but I can document your feedback about this experience for the appropriate folks to review. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, servicing dealership, and any specifics you'd like me to include; I'll get this entered in our system.

Crystal

#109 OFFLINE   MidAugustSun

MidAugustSun

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Hi RR,

I don't have the ability to escalate beyond the customer service manager (CSM) level, but I can document your feedback about this experience for the appropriate folks to review. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, servicing dealership, and any specifics you'd like me to include; I'll get this entered in our system.

Crystal

#110 OFFLINE   MidAugustSun

MidAugustSun

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Hi RR,

Crystal

#111 OFFLINE   MidAugustSun

MidAugustSun

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:16 PM

Crystal,

I seem to have the same or at least a very similar battery lack of charge issue as the OP.
Having gone to 2 different Ford dealerships/service centers with 3 visits over the last 10months I have now been told several reasons why my car no longer reaches the original SOC mileage. Now most often 30% down from day 1 of ownership. Ford keeps telling me there is nothing wrong, I beg to differ.
How do I escalate my complaint and service need ?
Many thanjs for your support and assistance.

#112 OFFLINE   fredf

fredf

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationdenver
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Energi

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:14 PM

I believe my battery is about 4.2 KWh with 70K miles on it.  The last 2 days I have driven it until it was totally out then looked at the energy used screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·