Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Check Engine Light Problem

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   rhea

rhea

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 172 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOkeechobee, FL
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

Thanks, Raja. I'll report in the next month or so after I take it in.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,954 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

You're welcome!  They just need to replace the vapor management valve/canister purge valve as they call it, part number AU5Z*9C915*D

I got mine done free of charge even at 49k miles due to the code PO4EF coming and going here and there with a check engine light and then not.

Best regards Rhea,

-=>Raja.

#43 OFFLINE   rhea

rhea

• 172 posts
  • LocationOkeechobee, FL

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

That's about where our mileage is and the same behavior. I just pulled the code from my obdii reader using the Ford app.

#44 OFFLINE   sstalker

sstalker

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:c-max energi

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

I have a 2013 c-max energi that the check engine light keeps coming on. I take it to the dealer and they can find no DTC codes so they reset it and send me on the way. Two or three drives later and the check engine light comes on again. I have left it at the dealer one time for a week and they found nothing and did nothing. It's is getting quite frustrating to have no outlook of getting the problem solved at the dealer. Not sure what to do next, anybody have any ideas.

Car info 2013 69000 miles with no problems till now VIN is 1FADP5CU2DL545233

#45 OFFLINE   rhea

rhea

• 172 posts
  • LocationOkeechobee, FL

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

I never took mine in (for engine light) as it didn't return--until now, that is. If it returns, I'll take it in with the copy of the TSB. The techs at Sunrise Ford in Ft Pierce, FL seem to know their stuff, but it may be faster with the bulletin. We've also had an issue with the car being totally dead after sitting for about 4 weeks. I pulled a TSB on that but won't look into it unless it happens again. Weird thing is that all we had to do was touch the clamps of the jumper cables--not even turn on the engine of the connected vehicle--and it clicked to life. The 12 v. battery (replaced in the spring) was fine--fully charged. Still love the car. Still have a year and a quarter on our extended warranty so not too panicked about some of these issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·