Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

How to deal with the poorly designed arm-rest/cup-holder/storage

arm-rest cupholder storage

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Izzy

Izzy

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:CMax Energi

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

My biggest complaint:  If you or your passenger have a purse, murse (man-purse), small briefcase, or messenger bag, THERE IS NO PLACE TO PUT IT.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOutside Atlanta GA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

I know that one thing I didn't like was that it doesn't have as many cubby holes as my Escape. I was considering getting one of those things you can hang from the headrest to put items in instead of just leaving them in the seat or floor. Then if someone is in the passenger side it can just hang from the back of the seat :)

Shirley

Update: that is what I ended up doing. Although moving it around to hang from the back of the seat is a little challenging without undoing the strap. It works well.  I did have one of those things that sits in the seat but it took up so much space.

#23 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOutside Atlanta GA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:58 AM

My biggest complaint:  If you or your passenger have a purse, murse (man-purse), small briefcase, or messenger bag, THERE IS NO PLACE TO PUT IT.

I just put it on the back seat if I have a passenger. If I don't I put it on the passenger seat. It's easy enough to reach even in the back seat

#24 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:30 AM

Here's my thread on the center console shelf I made and am still using.  I keep things under it I don't need immediate access to and it makes stuff on top of it easier to get at.  http://fordcmaxhybri...elf/?hl=console

#25 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,047 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

Can't see your pictures, I'm not a cmax hybrid registered owner there on that forum.  Can you post the thread or pictures here so I don't have to create an account there just to see your pictures?

-=>Raja.

#26 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

Sure.  Here it is:

There are horizontal groves inside the center console that allow a shelf to be inserted that neatly separates the compartment into two halves. If the length of the shelf is small enough, say 3" like the spray-painted black one, it can slide to the front to access things underneath.

I cut the shelf from a piece of stiff plastic, commonly used for shower walls I believe. It's about 1/8" thick. The critical dimension is the width, which is 5 3/4". Notches in the rear are required to fit or slide it all the way to the front. If its the large version, shown in white, then a cutout for the 12v outlet is required. If smaller, it can be slid to the front to allow access to this outlet.

Attached File  Center Console Shelf 1.JPG   44.25KB   4 downloadsAttached File  Center Console Shelf 2.JPG   64.7KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Center Console Shelf 3.JPG   49.54KB   2 downloadsAttached File  Center Console Shelf 4.JPG   49.79KB   2 downloadsAttached File  Center Console Shelf 5.JPG   53.58KB   4 downloadsAttached File  Center Console Shelf 6.JPG   47.63KB   4 downloads

#27 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,047 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for posting it here AZE!

-=>Raja.

#28 OFFLINE   S70Pilot

S70Pilot

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationGTA
  • Current Vehicle:Ford CMax Energi

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

Actually I find the space between the back passenger seat and the "floor" battery (not towards the trunk, it is between the back seat and the floor) a perfect space for a small briefcase, or messenger bag..  

I use that space to hide my charger cord instead of the cord storage under the driver seat.. easier access

#29 OFFLINE   energi77

energi77

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationFraser Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-MAX energi

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:58 AM

Just got a 2017 titanium a couple of days ago, I've found that a 20 oz Klean Canteen coffee cup fits perfectly in the silo under the tray. Wallet keys pocket knife in the little tray. USB cables pass through and phone(s) go in the netting on the passenger side of the centre console.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·