Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

All the problems with my C-Max Energi

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ITFlyer

ITFlyer

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Reading through the posts here (and on any model-specific auto forum, for that matter), one would be inclined to deduce that owners of C-Max cars are beset with nonstop problems and endless trips to the dealer. Doing research on a car by reading forums dedicated to it slews the overall picture, because the people most likely to post messages are those people who have problems. People who don't have problems, typically don't post messages about their cars.

So I'm just here to say, I now have 3300 miles on my C-Max Energi, I'm 3/4 way through my second tank of gas, I've been driving it since I got it in July, so 2 1/2 months. I've had a total of ZERO problems of any kind. The car is perfect. I love it!

• jeff_h, Don, bschwerdt and 3 others like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

Yup, good post. Based on numbers, I am aware of, less than 5% of Energi owners are members of this forum and fewer than 10% of the 5% are reporting significant issues/problems.

#3 OFFLINE   rtshinn

rtshinn

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi 302a+Sunroof

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

It helps that you bought recently, but yeah, problems always stick out. Normal behavior gets less attention.

• NicksCMax likes this

#4 OFFLINE   jeffegg2

jeffegg2

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationwestland, mi.
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Bought Jan 2013. No problems here.

#5 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Mine has a build date of 03/13. I haven't had any problems with mine.  Some of the problems are operator error and the inability to understand how the systems function or are controlled. It's easy to misunderstand a high-tech car.

I did find a few module updates that needed to be done with my Ford IDS. I updated my Sync system to 3.6.2. It works great for me. The Ford website is a little goofy sometimes, but that's to be expected.

This is an exceptional car and I smile every time I drive it :smile2:

Edited by drdiesel1, 17 September 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   dr61

dr61

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationRedding, CA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, Mini Cooper S ALL4

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

No significant problems with our March 30, 2013 build car, now at 5300 miles.  One minor problem: on delivery two fasteners holding the cold air intake to grill were missing.  Just had the headliner recall and hands-free lift gate reprogram done; the shop did a good job on these, and added the missing fasteners to the intake.

#7 OFFLINE   flamingbird

flamingbird

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

My Energi was built in late February, 2013. No problems except the lift gate and headliner recalls which were quickly fixed by my dealer.  Updated my Sync system to 3.6.2 with no problems.  I am extremely pleased by the performance of this car.  It is a real pleasure to drive.  Plus the added bonus of significantly reducing the amount of gas I use.   :happy feet:  

Edited by flamingbird, 17 September 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   Tdefny

Tdefny

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Energi, '02 Prius, '00 Town & Country

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

No problems with mine since November. Just got the updates and first oil change this week, and really because I thought it was time to get the tires rotated. I have around 8000 miles (3000 ICE miles). The oil was quite clean before the change, but it was free.

#9 OFFLINE   Tom_NC_1

Tom_NC_1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

I am have having no problems and took it in to Ford only once for the lift gate reprogram and headliner recall. They did the fix for the lift gate but did not have the parts for the headliner recall. They could have told me that before brought the car in. Two weeks later they still don't have the parts. I am beginning to wonder if my Ford Service department is competent. After 4 months I have over 5000 miles and less than 1000 on the ICE. The only questions I had were taken care of by reading the Owners Manual or viewing the many helpful posts in this forum. I am learning to be a hybrid driver for the first time and this car makes it easy and quite entertaining.

#10 OFFLINE   Retired1

Retired1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationDeer Park, New York
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi, 2002 F-150 King Ranch

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

We have our car since March, with about 8000 miles. Having a major headache after 4 visits, now 5 because the car is there now, navigation still not right. They have reset it 2 times, did nothing 1 time, last time the replace the gpsm, still having trouble. The location arrow gets lost at times and starts going along adjacent roads, etc. but not all the time. After checking this and other sites thought that the gpsm replacement would solve the problem but it did not. Any suggestions?

#11 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Your symptom definitely sounds like what several of us experienced and had fixed by replacement of the GPS module.

I would suspect your dealer is either lying to you about replacing the module or that you somehow ended up getting a bad replacement module.

Hopefully your dealer will try to replace the module again and update it with the latest updates.

If your dealer is unable to fix the problem then, if I were you, I would make a short video of the problem and then I think you have three options:

1. Go to a different dealer and see if they can help you out

2. Ask to be put into touch with the regional service manager and see if they can help you

3. Start the paperwork to file for a return of the vehicle under the Lemon Law.

Go to this thread to see how others got their GPS fixed: http://fordcmaxenerg...te-vehicle-etc/

Another thought: Ford tells dealers to replace the APIM when the problem occurs (see my posts in the thread I provided a link to). Perhaps your dealer did that and got the terminology confused. If so make sure they replace the GPSM.

Edited by Don, 19 September 2013 - 07:05 AM.

• Retired1 likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Retired1

Retired1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationDeer Park, New York
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi, 2002 F-150 King Ranch

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Thanks Don. They were finally able to duplicate the problem, now they claim they are getting jerked around by Ford. Ford is giving them a lot of excuses why it would fail but not telling them how to fix the problem. All I can say is the saga continues. This is upsetting since otherwise the car is fine and we love the car.

#13 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Sorry to hear you are getting jerked around. It may take some perseverance but it sure sounds like a faulty GPSM.

Do you have a work order that spells out they already replaced the GPSM?

#14 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Thanks Don. They were finally able to duplicate the problem, now they claim they are getting jerked around by Ford. Ford is giving them a lot of excuses why it would fail but not telling them how to fix the problem. All I can say is the saga continues. This is upsetting since otherwise the car is fine and we love the car.

Sounds like dealer double talk to me :drop:

Edited by drdiesel1, 23 September 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   NicksCMax

NicksCMax

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

Few minor problems...all fixed...cant seem to get the air/whistling noise fixed on the drivers front side...gets annoying when I don't want to listen to the radio...besides that, everything's been handled by Ford...oh and chicks don't seem to dig it as much as the Tesla  :wink:

#16 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

Few minor problems...all fixed...cant seem to get the air/whistling noise fixed on the drivers front side...gets annoying when I don't want to listen to the radio...besides that, everything's been handled by Ford...oh and chicks don't seem to dig it as much as the Tesla  :wink:

13K + miles here and no issues after GPSM was replaced :smile2: .

Depends on the type of chick you are trying to attract: Down to earth practical or high maintenance.

Model S may be the next Delorean. The big companies, including Bimmer, are ramping up. It will be like when the pentathlon swallows up the leader.

#17 OFFLINE   NicksCMax

NicksCMax

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Don...true...living in the San Francisco Bay Area, driving an Energi attracts women I'm not attracted to.

By the way, my license plate is "CNSV GRN"

I'm a (fiscal) conservative driving a green car!

#18 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Don...true...living in the San Francisco Bay Area, driving an Energi attracts women I'm not attracted to.

By the way, my license plate is "CNSV GRN"

I'm a (fiscal) conservative driving a green car!

LOL we have OUR NRG on our plate.

Try Santa Cruz; the hotties there seem to be just right.

Of course I wouldn't know since my wife has me driving an ugly POS.

#19 OFFLINE   MsFox

MsFox

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX:2013

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

I have a 2013 C Max Energi, and it has been in the dealer's service dept twice for 'check engine light'.  The first time, they replaced a valve, but the second time, they kept the car for 1 week, and still don't know what the problem is.  I spoke with the Service Director and he assured me that Ford would fix what ever the problem is.  Frustrating and time consuming to have my car in the shop twice, and less than 1 year old.

#20 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:07 PM

I have a 2013 C Max Energi, and it has been in the dealer's service dept twice for 'check engine light'.  The first time, they replaced a valve, but the second time, they kept the car for 1 week, and still don't know what the problem is.  I spoke with the Service Director and he assured me that Ford would fix what ever the problem is.  Frustrating and time consuming to have my car in the shop twice, and less than 1 year old.

Not knowing what they are doing to your car is ridiculous. You should know what DTC(s) and what the exact part was that was replaced 

the first time. You should also know what DTC(s) were stored this time as well. I don't understand why everyone lets the dealers get away

with such vague information. They are required to give you detailed information, unless you let them get away with this type of pisspoor service.

Not knowing this information allows them to string you along and keep your car on the back burner while they work on the non warranty paid jobs.

You get the redhead stepchild treatment and they get away with murder at you expense. Replacing "a valve" is the most useless information possible.

It's not a wonder why your car has been in second time. Make them give you accurate information and quit being pushed around by these slackers.

Edited by drdiesel1, 23 September 2014 - 07:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·