Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Door Keypad

locked out keypad wipers lights autolights autowipers

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   CMXNRG

CMXNRG

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationSouthwestern Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi, Ford F-150

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

The Energi also has a regular key lock (the key snaps into the Fob). You can simply remove the key from the Fob and do the same as cars of old (take the key with you or hide it). To lock the other part of the Fob in the car simply put it in a small metal box.

FOB. doesn't need to be in a metal box just leave in car and use key to lock doors.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

FOB. doesn't need to be in a metal box just leave in car and use key to lock doors.

If the FOB is signal is not blocked wouldn't the touch pads on the door handle activate the unlocking of the doors?

#23 OFFLINE   SSE

SSE

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationOutside Atlanta GA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:11 AM

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this and/or if it would work with the Energi? I also have had a key pad lock for quite a while and having it did save me once when I locked the door with the key in the car. I have heard that if you do lock your key in the car and you have your cell phone (which I did not, it was also locked in the car in my handbag as I am not one of those women who can't walk anywhere without her phone in her hand, but I digress...) you can call someone who would have access to your spare key (fob in this case) and if you hold your cell phone close to the vehicle and they press the unlock button it will unlock your vehicle.

Anyone tried it, know if it would work with the fob?

Just a thought,

Shirley

#24 OFFLINE   edweird

edweird

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 182 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationDaytona Beach, FL
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

The signals that the FOB sends out are radio waves (RF) and they would not be recreated at the far end of a cellphone call.to unlock a car.

On the other hand if you have the MyFordMobile app on your phone, you could use that to unlock the car.(provided your cell has data signal and the car's data radio can be reached)

Edited by edweird, 28 June 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#25 OFFLINE   honemch

honemch

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

And the car is designed not to allow you to lock the car with the fob inside....

#26 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 3,974 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Just for my own curiosity with all these acronyms, what does FOB stand for?  I know you mean the key remote but what do the letters mean?

-=>Raja.

Edited by rbort, 01 July 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 366 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston, Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 303A w. sun roof

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

Just for my own curiosity with all these acronyms, what does FOB stand for?  I know you mean the key remote but what do the letters mean?

-=>Raja.

FOB is a very old acronym.  It is a term modifying the price of shipped goods.  It stands for "free on board."  If a seller and buyer agree on a price of shipped goods with the term, FOB. at some port (e.g. "FOB, New York") it means that the price includes shipping to that port and "on board the vessel".  The buyer is responsible for the cost of unloading from the vessel as well as shipping from the dock to the destination. 

FOS, a similar term, stands for "free on side" and means that the price includes also the cost of unloading from the vessel to the dock.

POS, on the other hand is, I think, usually an abreviation for "positive", as in the positive terminal of a battery.

POS seems also to be used as an acronym.  I do not think that it is complimentary or polite.

Now forgive me if I state the obvious, just in case Raja's question was serious,. Fob, as used in this forum, probably is not an acronym, but merely a word, "fob," meaning a sort of small device used on the end of a chain for decoration or handling, as in a watch fob on the end of a watch chain or a key fob on thened of a key chain.  In recent years it has been adopted as the name for the remote control device that locks/unlocks our car,

Edited by Smiling Jack, 01 July 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   12mile

12mile

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSE Pa

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:04 AM

We had one weird situation when we were unloading stuff for a charity event. I had been driving and taken my shirt (with fob) off and left it in the car front seat. I used the manual door button to lock the car just as my wife opened the rear hatch.

The four doors locked but the hatch was open. I had no success using the touch handles to open the doors. The car was loaded to the gills with stuff packed to the roof in the back seat.

My wife did this amazing swimming like motion through the rear hatch and through all backseat boxes to get to the front seat and unlock the doors.

We were afraid to close the hatch given the other doors being locked but it may have been that with hatch closed, the fob would have allowed the doors to unlock.

#29 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

If you have a key less car, push button start, The keypad will not work with it. I went round and round with the dealer on this subject and they don't work together.

Can you elaborate on what the dealer said as to why this wont work with the keyless entry. I had keyless entry on my Escape, but it had an integrated keypad in the B pillar. With that keypad, I was able to lock the car with the fob inside. I have thought about adding the stick on keypad to my C-Max.

#30 OFFLINE   LionelLines

LionelLines

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNear LA-LA Land out on The Coast
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 2014

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

My (very recent) experience with the keypad ... a C-MAX with a keyless ignition will NOT work with a keypad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: locked out, keypad, wipers, lights, autolights, autowipers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·