Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Door Keypad

locked out keypad wipers lights autolights autowipers

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   macmic6

macmic6

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

First let me say that I love my C-Max as do any of my friends who ride in it or drive it. They all have mileage envy and love how quiet it is. We don't have to talk over the radio that is loud to drown out the Expedition engine noise. The interior is really roomy. My friends husband was really skeptical that he could fit so I put the seat all the way back and he (at 6'3") was impressed. They may buy my C-Max when my lease is up. We drove 600 miles one way last weekend and I put in $48 in gas. That impressed everyone!! Averaged 39.4 on an interstate dong 70 behind a leader who refused to use their cruise. The speed was varied. I can do my Costco run and have plenty of room with the back seats down. After years of loving big Ford SUVs including 2 diesel Excursions, 3 Expeditions and an Explorer I am a happy girl I especially love driving past the gas station. Having a 1/4 tank of gas and 200 miles until empty including the plug in energy. 

Now for the downer.

I have not owned a car without an exterior keypad since 1996, for good reason, .....until NOW. When I ordered this car I was told that I could have the keypad installed by the dealer. Now I am told it won't work. WHY? I can easily lock both fobs in the car. I am glad that I have the free roadside assistance ot take care of the times that I will be needing it. :-) So far I haven't needed it but almost. Once I had to find my phone to unlock it. I realize that the door will not lock from the inside with a fob in the car but it will lock from the outside by just accidently touching that little black piece of plastic on the door handle. So it seems pretty easy to lock the car while filling the gas tank, don't you think?  Think about it, purse, fobs and phone in the car while I fill up, put the nozzle away, turn around to open the door accidently touch the plastic square and poof, there you are, stuck until you get towed to your Ford dealer who can open the door. It's really not funny. I guess I could beg someone to let me download the My Ford Mobile to their phone and then unlock it. Depends on how much I want Ford to pay for this mistake. Bahahaha.....

Can you fix this? I hope so. It can get expensive. 

My other concern is that the auto lights don't work with the auto wipers unless you actually turn the wipers to a constant on position. The book makes it sound like the minute the auto wipers begin to work the lights go on. They don't. Not that I can't turn on the lights, I just wanted it to be easier. Why buy a geek car and not expect more geek tech as described in the manual? 

Sync seems to have a hard time understanding my voice. Im' not sure why.  Sometimes I laugh at what it thinks I said and other times not so much. 

Otherwise I got the car March 13th, 2000+ miles and I am really liking this car so far. Thanks for making this geek fpretty happy. 

• hybridbear likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   honemch

honemch

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Are you sure the car will lock with the fob in the car when pressing the little square? The headlights come on when the wipers go into constant motion to be in line with the law.

#3 OFFLINE   fwroberts

fwroberts

Rick

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMontague, MA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi - 303A

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

I think if you can lock the car by touching the little square black pad, then you can also unlock it by placing your hand on the inside of the handle...as if you were about to open the door.

I haven't been able to lock my fob in the car and not been able to open the door...

Rick

#4 OFFLINE   dr61

dr61

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationRedding, CA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, Mini Cooper S ALL4

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

You got me concerned, so I had to go try what you suggested.  My car will NOT lock with the fob in the car, either by the interior door lock button or the exterior handle black square.

• hybridbear likes this

#5 OFFLINE   fwroberts

fwroberts

Rick

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationMontague, MA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for confirming dr. I'm pretty happy with the way the fob and door handle entry system works in general. With the fob in my pocket, it's like the car 'knows' me. I walk right up, put my hand on the door handle and it opens for me...but it won't open for anyone else. Pretty cool. And I love that all four doors unlock when I touch the driver side handle. I know there is a way to program the computer so only one door unlocks, but I prefer all lock, all unlock.

Rick

• dr61 likes this

#6 OFFLINE   jheth

jheth

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • Current Vehicle:N/A

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

Today's cars don't need the keypads anymore.
Door should not lock if key is inside car. If it does, then it will also unlock by grabbing the door handle. Try this stuff at home with a window rolled down.
Still worried? You can use your phone to unlock the car too.
Get over the keypad mental crutch :-)

Edited by jheth, 27 April 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   macmic6

macmic6

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

If this hadn't happened I would not have written. Not sure how that happened, but now I can't do it.

I can lock the car with one fob in the car and one in in my possession on the outside. Wonder why my dealer didn't know this? I will tell them.  Thanks for the input.
The owner's manual states that fob locked in the car is disabled. Maybe that's why you can lock one inside the car.  Actually to be sure that I don't lock a key in when I don't want to I open the door, lock the door with the inside lock and then shut the door. If it unlocks I know the fob is in the car and keep looking. It saves rifling through the purse when there isn't a key in it since I lock the purse in the car a lot.

I do know the phone app unlocks the car.  That's what I used that time both fobs were in the car. 

#8 OFFLINE   mipmapped

mipmapped

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 300A

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

I guess I could beg someone to let me download the My Ford Mobile to their phone and then unlock it.

You only need access to a web browser (from almost any phone or PC) and go to myfordmobile.com, assuming you have AT&T coverage in the area for the car to connect to. Chances are you will not need roadside assistance.

I upgraded my phone to Android 4.2.2 at the weekend. Now I have to use the web version because the mobile app doesn't support the current OS version. Ironically, and to add pain to injury, the web version isn't mobile friendly.

#9 OFFLINE   jaydrama

jaydrama

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, WV

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Oh, I'm going to grab a Galaxy S4 tomorrow and it has Android 4.2.2. Shoot!

#10 OFFLINE   dr61

dr61

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationRedding, CA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

You only need access to a web browser (from almost any phone or PC) and go to myfordmobile.com, assuming you have AT&T coverage in the area for the car to connect to.

That is if MyFordMobile can successfully connect to your car, which is not the case for me...

#11 OFFLINE   macmic6

macmic6

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

You only need access to a web browser (from almost any phone or PC) and go to myfordmobile.com, assuming you have AT&T coverage in the area for the car to connect to. Chances are you will not need roadside assistance.

I upgraded my phone to Android 4.2.2 at the weekend. Now I have to use the web version because the mobile app doesn't support the current OS version. Ironically, and to add pain to injury, the web version isn't mobile friendly.

Thanks for the info. I have a Galaxy Note 2 so I will make sure not to update until Ford fixes the app. Hope they are going to read this and fix it. 

#12 OFFLINE   mipmapped

mipmapped

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, CA
  • My C-MAX:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi 300A

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

I did the upgrade already knowing what I was getting into; I had concluded that the browser version was usable enough on the phone to not delay my upgrade. But no mobile browser version? Come on Ford! What company doesn't offer that these days.

As for Ford taking notice of my post? I'm not holding my breath. Given a choice I'd prefer they get their finger out and release the damn MFT upgrade...
  • macmic6 likes this

#13 OFFLINE   smangerer

smangerer

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C max energi

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

here is your door key pad if you still want it.

http://www.ford.com/.../#page=Feature1

#14 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationLaguna Hills, CA
  • Current Vehicle:Sterling Grey Energi, Finally

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

here is your door key pad if you still want it.

http://www.ford.com/.../#page=Feature1

If you have a key less car, push button start, The keypad will not work with it. I went round and round with the dealer on this subject and they don't work together.

#15 OFFLINE   fwroberts

fwroberts

Rick

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationMontague, MA

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

You mean buy the hybrid rather than the Energi?

#16 OFFLINE   golando

golando

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

Today's cars don't need the keypads anymore.
Door should not lock if key is inside car. If it does, then it will also unlock by grabbing the door handle. Try this stuff at home with a window rolled down.
Still worried? You can use your phone to unlock the car too.
Get over the keypad mental crutch :-)

Unfortunately, there times when I am unable to take the keyfob or my phone with me.  Example: When I surf, I can't leave anything on the beach- it will get stolen it two seconds.  So the only alternative is to lock the fob in the car (along with my phone and all my other possessions except my surfboard) and then use a keypad to get back in.

I am so bummed the c-max energi doesn't have a keypad option! Now I'm really concerned about whether or not to buy one.  If I do buy one, I will have to coordinate with my husband to use his car whenever I want to surf, or do any other activitiy where I can't take the fob with me. :(

#17 OFFLINE   honemch

honemch

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

You could always throw the fob into a small dry bag and put that in your wetsuit.

#18 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:C Max Energi

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

The Energi also has a regular key lock (the key snaps into the Fob). You can simply remove the key from the Fob and do the same as cars of old (take the key with you or hide it). To lock the other part of the Fob in the car simply put it in a small metal box.

• dr61 likes this

#19 OFFLINE   dr61

dr61

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationRedding, CA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

The Energi also has a regular key lock (the key snaps into the Fob). You can simply remove the key from the Fob and do the same as cars of old (take the key with you or hide it). To lock the other part of the Fob in the car simply put it in a small metal box.

I just confirmed that this works.  Take the metal door key out of the remote, hide remote unit in a small metal box in the car (like compartment under rear seat floor), and lock the doors with the metal key.  Put metal key in a heavy duty zip-lock plastic envelope (like those used to waterproof cell phones) with wrist strap or neck cord or some other method of attaching it to yourself.  Or hide the metal key in a magnetic key holder somewhere on external part of the chassis (less safe).

• fwroberts likes this

#20 OFFLINE   pb5927317

pb5927317

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationFort Wayne

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Oh, I'm going to grab a Galaxy S4 tomorrow and it has Android 4.2.2. Shoot!

My S4 works just fine with the app.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: locked out, keypad, wipers, lights, autolights, autowipers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·