Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Splash Guards

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 1,645 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:49 AM

For the fronts you can just turn the wheel for added access. I removed the rear tires for ease of access.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Deermouse

Deermouse

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCoast
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Thanks to those who have posted pics of the installed flaps.  They look great. But I have a question for those who have had their splash guards for a while now.

In your experience, how much do they really cut down on dirt and grime on the car?  Especially on the back hatch and window?

I regularly drive on a gravel road for a few miles, and even the 600 ft of my gravel driveway turns the back of the Energi into a dirty mess very quickly after a wash.

If the flaps really make a difference, they seem like a reasonable price to pay for the reduction in time spent washing the back of the car.

Also, because I'm a cheapskate, I was thinking about just installing the rear pair, since that's where I get the most grime.  Am I being too cheap, or should I just spring for all 4?

#23 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 1,645 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

Thanks to those who have posted pics of the installed flaps.  They look great. But I have a question for those who have had their splash guards for a while now.

In your experience, how much do they really cut down on dirt and grime on the car?  Especially on the back hatch and window?

I regularly drive on a gravel road for a few miles, and even the 600 ft of my gravel driveway turns the back of the Energi into a dirty mess very quickly after a wash.

If the flaps really make a difference, they seem like a reasonable price to pay for the reduction in time spent washing the back of the car.

Also, because I'm a cheapskate, I was thinking about just installing the rear pair, since that's where I get the most grime.  Am I being too cheap, or should I just spring for all 4?

They don't have an effect on the bumper or rear glass. That's from the downdraft behind the car that comes over the roof.

#24 OFFLINE   Deermouse

Deermouse

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCoast
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

Thanks, dr.  That's exactly what I needed to know.

Sounds like it won't solve my problem, so you've just saved me some $$.

#25 OFFLINE   campngolf

campngolf

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNorCal
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

I agree with dr. The splash guards are designed to keep grime off the bodywork behind the wheels. I wish they did help keep the rear cleaner.

#26 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationcentral
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max energi, Fusion Ti Hy, Mustang GT, Triumph TR7

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

Is there a spoiler available that will help keep the rear window cleaner?

#27 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationcentral
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max energi, Fusion Ti Hy, Mustang GT, Triumph TR7

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

I bought the cheap rubber splash guards off of Amazon for the front for $17.99 a pair.  They looked flimsy and I was going to send them back, but decided to try them out.  They actually look a lot better once I got them on the car.  I'll see how long they hold up. 

I bought the Ford splashguards for our fusion last winter and they are definately a better quality product, but they are really overpriced. 

#28 OFFLINE   MaxLB

MaxLB

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • My C-MAX:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max NRG

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:24 AM

How are these holding up long term?

Years ago I put some factory splash guards on an Audi that I had and after a few years I noticed that grit and grime had gotten between the plastic of the guards and the painted parts of the body and really did a number on it.  You couldn't really tell with the guards in place, but I had removed them to do some deep cleaning and that's when I discovered it.  The damage from that was probably worse than anything I would have suffered without the guards at all.  Makes me very leery of anything that rubs directly on a painted surface.

How are the CMax guards in this respect?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·