Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford C-MAX Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Energi Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Splash Guards

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Frankman

Frankman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Volt

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Does anyone have the splash guards offered by Ford?

http://www.ford.com/...ories/Feature1/

I didn't even know that they existed until today when I saw them on the Ford accessories website. In the photo they look good. If you have them could you let us know what you think or them and how they attach to the Energi? The installation cost is about $60 for the four installed and was wondering I could install them myself.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Retired1

Retired1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDeer Park, New York
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi, 2002 F-150 King Ranch

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

I also found splash guards on E-Bay. I think they were about $105. for the complete set. You can install them yourself.

#3 OFFLINE   Frankman

Frankman

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Volt

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

You can get them from any Ford dealer for the retail price of $100. I saw one Ford dealer online sell them for close to $80. But how are they installed? Are there predrilled holes in the car to attach them with supplied bolts?

#4 OFFLINE   olidx

olidx

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, California
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

I am looking to get these too. Can you please let us know where you see the best deal around for these mud flaps / splash guards?

But seriously, $110 incl tax for 4 splash guards (I assume this would be the price for any brand and any newer car). Does it sound reasonnable to you? Seems to me like about $10 in materials.

Edited by olidx, 11 April 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   rek108

rek108

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi, 2010 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Photos of the Ford original equipment molded splash guards. The dealer installed them. Held in place by black plastic push-in snap pins. I assume that there are pre-drilled holes in the fenders and the snap-in pins are supplied.

P5112669
P5112671
P5112672
P5112674

Edited by rek108, 12 May 2013 - 01:06 PM.

• Retired1, fotomoto and MarionSpyder NY like this

#6 OFFLINE   rverginia

rverginia

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSeattle Area
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMax Energi

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

I purchased the molded splash guards ($100 at the dealer).  The instructions are included in the box.  Looks pretty simple. only involves drilling 1 hole for each of the front flaps.  Give a go and let you know. 

• MarionSpyder NY likes this

#7 OFFLINE   rverginia

rverginia

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSeattle Area
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMax Energi

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Got them on.  Rears are pretty straight forward. Remove 3 torx screws, install flap reusing removed screws.  Add a nut and a couple self tapping screws and done.  The fronts were a little tougher. Best to jack up the car.  Turn the wheel away from the wheel well, or remove it for best access. There is one hole to drill that you will not get a straight shot at. It is into plastic so there is a lot of wiggle room.  The jacking is for the one fastener that goes in from the bottom up. No clearance without raising the car.

They look great, are a perfet fit, and should help to keep my car white. Instructions are IKEA like - pictures. A little hard to follow but you'll get the point.

• Retired1 and MarionSpyder NY like this

#8 OFFLINE   Retired1

Retired1

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationDeer Park, New York
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi, 2002 F-150 King Ranch

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I bought the splashguards but have not put them on yet.

#9 OFFLINE   oftenon

oftenon

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:CMax Energi

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I am looking to get these too. Can you please let us know where you see the best deal around for these mud flaps / splash guards?

But seriously, $110 incl tax for 4 splash guards (I assume this would be the price for any brand and any newer car). Does it sound reasonnable to you? Seems to me like about $10 in materials.

My dealer quoted me $39/pair if I install them myself.

#10 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My C-MAX:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

Purchased on Ford Parts and ordered through my dealership molded splash guards and the hood deflector. Picking them up on Saturday and will post pics when I get them installed. I paid $42.49 each for the fronts and rears and $67.15 for the hood deflector. What bothers me is what the hood deflector costs, seems high for what it is.

#11 OFFLINE   Babirusa

Babirusa

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMerced, California
  • My C-MAX:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi 302a

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

I got my hood deflector on EBay for $37.10 with free shipping. Doesn't say Ford, but fits perfectly and looks OK to me. Attached File  20140321_082023.jpg   106.5KB   10 downloads
  • MarionSpyder NY and miboje like this

#12 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

I got my hood deflector on EBay for $37.10 with free shipping. Doesn't say Ford, but fits perfectly and looks OK to me. attachicon.gif20140321_082023.jpg

I have a unexplained condition that forces me to buy genuine Ford parts. I wish I didn't have it, or that I could learn to control it, but I can't. I guess that's just the way God made me.

• GuyFromCanada and Babirusa like this

#13 OFFLINE   MarionSpyder NY

MarionSpyder NY

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMarion NY 14505
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

I too got the mud flaps and hood deflector they both nice to help protect car. :happy feet:

#14 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

I installed my slash guards today. The rears were a snap. I replaced the screws that attach under the car with a 1/8" bolt and lock washer. The fronts were a little harder. Since I sold my house and now live in an apartment, my floor jack is at my place in AZ. My buddy only had a bottle jack which worked fine for the backs, I placed the jack on the support under the battery, but I couldn't find a suitable location to place the jack to remove the front tires. When I got home I checked the forum and read the posts on jacking and learned about the jack points indicated by the arrow. I was able to get them installed just fine by turning the wheels, but had to drill the two holes through the plastic wheel well liner at an angle, which shouldn't be an issue because the push rivet went in and is secure. The fit and look good, pics to follow.

• dr61 likes this

#15 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

Here's some pics of my splash guards. I know rek108 posted pics, but here they are on Sterling Gray.

Edited by timwil56, 30 March 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

Purchased on Ford Parts and ordered through my dealership molded splash guards and the hood deflector. Picking them up on Saturday and will post pics when I get them installed. I paid $42.49 each for the fronts and rears and $67.15 for the hood deflector. What bothers me is what the hood deflector costs, seems high for what it is.

Here's the bug deflector on Sterling Gray.

Edited by timwil56, 30 March 2014 - 07:08 AM.

#17 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 4,085 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi Titanium with Moonroof

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

I just installed the mud flaps today and rotated the tires front to back.  Did not cross them as I used 1 jack in the front to raise it up enough so the rear tire was off the ground as well.

The mud flaps look great, nice fit, and I'm happy I got the tires rotated now that I'm just over 10k miles.

I'm not sure about the bug thing, do you guys think its worth it?  How is the installation?

-=>Raja.

#18 OFFLINE   timwil56

timwil56

Energi Member

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

The bug deflector is more of an asthetic choice. I posted some pics in the exterior thread. It's called a bug deflector, but bugs aren't going to chip the paint and I installed it to protect the front edge from rocks. Still, I had a rock chip 1/2" above the deflector, so...

#19 OFFLINE   LionelLines

LionelLines

• C-MAX Energi Platinum Member
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNear LA-LA Land out on The Coast
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 2014

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

I installed splash guards this afternoon on my '14 C-MAX.   I bought the two sets from a local Ford dealer in the Los Angeles area for $95/incl. state sales tax.

The instructions are pictures - which is OK ... but you have to pay attention.  I did not jack the car up or remove tires.

The rear splash guards were-by far!- the most difficult to install because of clearances and the sunken screw holes.  I used a power drill with an 8" flex bit driver to drive the torx.  The rear guards took about 2 hours to complete.  As I said, difficult.  Removing the tires would make a substantial difference in time.

The front splash guards were a snap ... just turn the tires to allow full access to the four screws that are installed on the vertical service (there is another screw installed underneath the car, but it is very accessible.  One hole drilled - and hammer in the plastic holders -- and DONE!  Twenty minutes per side on the front was all that was required.

The splash guards look nice and will keep a bunch of road gunk off the car.  Worth the expense and the trouble to install.  :smile2:

#20 OFFLINE   campngolf

campngolf

• C-MAX Energi Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNorCal
  • My C-MAX:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

I installed my splash guards last night. My experience was similar but I found the fronts a little more tricky. Looking back, I think it would have been quicker and less frustrating if I had removed the tires.

But overall, I'm very happy with the look and keeping road gunk off is always nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·